Paint on leather

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by gerbig, Dec 27, 2010.

1. gerbig

gerbig Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have spilled a little bottle of Touch up paint from autozone on my leather. I have been trying since about august to get this out but nothing is working. Any suggestions?

[​IMG]

2. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

What have you tried thus far?

k) Paint

• Do not rub or use pressure on the affected area. Pat with a dry rag to gently wipe the paint away if the stain is very fresh.
    • Try to loosen the paint with a warm water compress using a micro fibre towel. This should soften the paint and loosen its grip on the leather so that you can gently peel it away.
    • Clear away any excess paint by abrading the surface of dried paint with a plastic (ScrapeRite blades) or single-sided razor blade
    • Do not use paint thinner as it will cause the paint to migrate and ‘bleed’ producing a larger stain
    • Use Leather Master™ Soft Touch (ex Soft Vital) on a clean micro fibre towel, this is also recommended if the stain is fresh. Gently spread (do not rub or use pressure) the on the stain. Wait for a few minutes, and then gently pad the spot lightly with a dry micro fibre towel
    • Use Leather Master™ Soft Cleaner with a micro fibre to wipe the paint off the affected area. Use a micro fibre towel soaked in distilled water to remove the soap. Pad gently with a dry micro fibre towel
    • Use a ‘safe’ solvent (Cliptone GT14 Safety Solvent Cleaner) on a clean micro fibre towel pat, this will break up the compounds of the paint, and make it easier to wipe off. Do not rub affected area otherwise it will thin out and may spread the paint.
    • For urethane covered leather use olive oil on a micro fibre towel

3. gerbig

gerbig Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Well it has been on there since August so it's definitely not fresh