Paint correction on a Destroyed Jet Black BMW E46.

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by xbr50, Sep 19, 2011.

1. xbr50

xbr50 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hello my fellow detailers, so first off this isn't my usual sort of write ups, I'm sure you guys are bored of reading about us detailing E46's. But I wanted to share with you guys this hacked Jet Black E46 sedan we detailed about a week ago.

This belonged to a friend of mine and when he dropped it off to have me take a look at it I cringed upon seeing it in sunlight. In a way I hoped it was Jet Black because if it was any one of BMW's harder paints I can't imagine how long it would take. This was me and Vince's first experience with Jet Black and yes I can say it is a HUGE PITA. I could barely look at the paint without causing scratches.

Total Time: Roughly 16 hours

Enough, I'll let the pictures do the talking: (Oh we used M105 on LC Orange, M205 on White, and Menzerna PO85RD on black).

Before's:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

50/50's:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Afters:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stay tuned, I will have a write up soon of a White Mitsubishi Evolution IX RS (500 horsepower!).

2. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

That was pretty devastated paint, good job clearing that up Adam and Vince

3. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

goood Job!

4. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Wow! Great work on that E46!

5. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Ridiculous work!

6. v|nsan|ty

v|nsan|ty Obsessive Detailer

Great write-up as usual Adam!

Agreed, this car was such a headache to deal with. We had to specifically use CG yellow MF's since others wouldn't suffice. Plus we had to ensure we switched the towels every 2 panels otherwise the dried polish they picked up would scratch the paint. Very tedious work but quite worth it in the end. For those working on jet black, don't give up! When it's done right, damn does it pop. If we have a permanent coating at our disposal, I most certainly would have recommended that to the owner as this paint requires a fair bit of dedication to proper wash technique.

Thanks for looking everyone.

7. Gale Force

Gale Force Obsessive Detailer

You fixed that in 16 hours! Wow! Nice work!

8. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Really nice job there!

9. AutoObsessed

AutoObsessed Dealers

Great job, that car was messed up!

Love the 50/50 shots.

10. TimAD

TimAD Jedi Nuba

Awesome job! Saying that car is hammered is a HUGE understatement.