Paint Correction on a 58 PorscheSpeedster - Video from Drive

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by detailersdomain, Aug 4, 2012.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

[video=youtube;rYed_Hnrql4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYed_Hnrql4&list=UU5rBpVgv83gYPZ593XwQUsA&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

2. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

Great Videos as always! The real question is, when are you going to start carrying Ammo?

3. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Awesome video, explains detailing so well.

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

These videos are outstanding, very well done and some great info.

5. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

What do you guys think abut Claying (or Nanoscrubbing) the paint durring the decon wash? I guess if you plan on polishing it anyway whats a liitle more marring? Or is there risk of inflicting major damage that would be unsafe to fix.

6. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Great video and good information. I too would like to know if your picking up the Ammo line Phil.

7. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Great info. Thanks Phil!

8. Rocket01

Rocket01 Birth of a Detailer

Nice video. I've clayed while washing when I'm trying to save time or I'd I'm in a tight deadline. I always wash the panel rinse and wash again while claying.

9. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

I watched the video. It was some good information, pretty much what everyone already knows. My biggest bone to pick is how almost never does anyone who makes these kind of videos do they really show the area they corrected, it's always a light shown on the uncorrected part, and you can see the part they polished, sure, is darker, but how do we know they corrected the defects?

Plus....there's literally no way to get that car done properly in 8 hours, is he insane? It takes me 3 hours just to wash and clay properly, then several days to get every inch of the paint flawless. How did he correct all the areas down behind the front and rear bumpers? Or underneath the hood trim piece? Did he remove and replace them or just skip over those areas??

Just doesn't seem realistic, I've done a lot of corrections, and there's a difference between "going through the motions" and truly correcting a car properly. No doubt he has the knowledge, and I understand for the sake of the video, but I think his work was a little misrepresented.