Paint correction: 2002 Subaru WRX STI

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by InsanePaint, Mar 15, 2013.

1. InsanePaint

InsanePaint Pro Detailer

This was a unique detail. The client contacted me & had a SPECIFIC budget $$$. However, he thought his paint was in much better condition than he realized. Lol. You know the guy: "Oh man, it's in good shape. I wax it every month." Always cracks me up when people think that a coat of wax "fixes" all their problems. NEEDLESS to say, this thing was HAMMERED. Had never seen a proper wash or polisher in 10 years of existence. So after my initial wipedown, I contacted the client, and we decided the ENTIRE budget would go towards paint correction, and no $$$ spent on interior or engine bay or wheels & tires. On top of that, the weather wasn't cooperating. Night time drop off, night time work, & night time pickup. So, unfortunately there are no daytime or sunlight pics (due to rain), only under crucial light in my garage. Upon this realization, here was the process:
    This thing was NEGLECTED!! On with the pics! When I say it was neglected, I wasn't kidding!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some 50/50 shots during correction. The client and I agreed that 100% perfect was out of his budget, so we decided to shoot for about the 80% correct mark. And I feel we achieved that.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The plastic trim on this baby was oxidized & faded, BAD. After a good cleaning, I revitalized the trim with Adam's SVRT.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's some "finished" shots. Again, I apologize for not being able to snag some daylight shots. [​IMG] But these halogens are pretty revealing. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Again, I apologize for the lack of sunlight pictures for this particular writeup, it was a busy/weird time frame for me. Hope you enjoyed, and as always, if you have any questions, just ask!! Thanks!

2. Mr. Hyde

Mr. Hyde Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Jesus I couldn't even tell what colour it was at the beginning. Came a LONG way, great job. Buddy of mine as an 02 WRX and treats it like garbage, makes me a sad panda.

3. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Great work chase :)

4. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

5. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

Nice save, that thing was hacked

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Nice save. He must have crapped when he picked it up.

7. InsanePaint

InsanePaint Pro Detailer

Thanks boys. Mucho appreciado!!! :)
    I took some extra time on this one, I had some buddies over and we were all sharing some "beverage" so I killed a bit of my Adam's Severe Swirl in anticipation of our new compound!! This was hard work, but a good leisure detail as well.....