P21s Wheel Gel dilution ratio?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by starmax, Oct 1, 2008.

1. starmax

starmax Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Just picked up a liter of this stuff and a Solo 418 sprayer and am wondering what dilution ratio I should use? I've searched quite a bit, but haven't found anything too solid. I'm guessing 1:1, but just figured i would post up before trying it out this weekend.

thanks in advance.

2. FuelTuner

FuelTuner Birth of a Detailer

I never dilute it... it is amazing all by itself.
    But... a trick to making it last longer ( because its not cheap ) is after you wet the wheel and the brush, spray it onto the brush, as it foams very well, and is easy to spread all over the wheel. This way, you can take advantage of its extremely long sit time.... this is where the Wheel Gel really shines.. its ability to work away without drying.

3. eShine

eShine Guest

I find spraying it on a wet wheel thins it out and it runs off. I usually apply to a dry wheel.

4. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

So do I. I spray it on and leave it on for a few minutes, then clean the wheel with a brush.

5. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Same method I use.

After I brush the wheel I spray again and let it dwell as long as possible.

6. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

i use both in the brush and on a wet wheel using a 1z sprayer

7. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

Dont dilute it. Get an ez detail brush and a swissvax wheel brush to agitate with. Make sure wheels calipers and anything in the area are cool to the touch. I usually apply p21s wheel gel then clean tires and by then the p21s is sort of dry so I give it a quick spritz with some water do the wheel barrels with the ez brush getting inbetween the spokes and the wheel barrels and then hit the face/ calipers with the swisvax brush then a good pressure rinse of it all.

8. starmax

okay cool. Thanks everyone for the feedback!

I bought an 8" boar's hair wheel brush as the same time as the wheel gel, so I'm going to give that a shot first, but I'm thinking a swissvax brush would be good for the lugnuts...

9. starmax

I wanted to follow up and say using the fully concentrated Wheel Gel with the Boar's Hair brush worked great. My Evo's wheels are just coated with brake dust in about 4-5 days. I did use WAY too much product though with my Solo 418 sprayer. I left 4 puddles in the driveway from the excess spray. So I gotta figure out a better setting for my sprayer or use a non-pressurized sprayer...

So, just wanted to say thanks. This is a great community.

10. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

if i go over a set of 4 wheels then use do each one by one after i gave them all a spray down of p21s the wheels are almost dry again as i am anal and spend about 30 mins cleaning wheels. i only apply it one wheel at a time as i use much less and get the exact same results..why use more if you don't have too?