1. Faber

Faber Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Do you guys dilute P21S TAW when washing the car before paint correction? The bottle is small and it seemsl ike you would go through one on a car.

Does TAW remove wax and sealant?

2. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

TAW will remove/strip off wax and seal.

3. Nica

Nica Banned

See that's the thing about Total Auto Wash, it gets used up quite fast but yes I use a small amount when washing the vehicle with just P21S Total Auto Wash.

Oh and yes, it will strip everything that's on the vehicle, sealants, wax, polish residue anything. Works great that's why I love it :thumb:

4. xjunmoonx

xjunmoonx Virgin Detailer

do u guys dilute it?

5. adriankeith

adriankeith Birth of a Detailer

I'm interested to know as well. I just picked up the smaller sized TAW (1000ml kit?) but was seriously contemplating getting the 5L. Is it diluted or do you just spray it on. By the way the sprayer that it comes with feels completely useless when trying to get a good mist on the wheel wells.

6. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Is TAW safe to leave on the paint for an extended period of time like P21s wheel gel is safe to leave on wheels?

7. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

p21s TAW is agreat product, it has tons of uses.

It works well on engines and tires, but what i like i t more for is a pre wash... I spray a ltight mist on a wet waxe before washing. It really helps losen the dirt. I then wash as i would normaily.

Also after a polish thre is often a residue left over, a quick wash with a couple oz of TAW i the bucket realy helps remove this film. Just remeber to wash really well

but I would suggest trying the 1000ml one first, if you like it then go for a 5L jug, if not then dont.

8. kogenx

kogenx Birth of a Detailer

Just curious - i was wondering about the dilution ratio if the TAW is being diluted.

Kogen

9. Brent

Brent Birth of a Detailer

I generaly do not dilute it. Just spray some on the paint, let sit for a few minutes, then wash off.

10. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

In such an instance where I need a real heavy clean on the paint, I'll go with a CG Citrus Wash n Gloss at like 1oz per gallon.

Strips it all off, plus its much cheaper than the TAW. Also works great in wheel wells, and on the wheel itself!

11. adriankeith

Thanks for that bob. I'm close enough to CG to be able to pick up and the CWG is only 16$/18$ to pick up. I guess I was just looking for some reassurance with CWG but I knew that it was a great wash. I picked up the TAW to see what all the rage was about but I haven't been able to use it because I don't like the spray head they include with it.:shrug:

12. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

I use TAW and like it. I just wouldn't wash a whole car with it (IMHO of course).

I like spraying it in the wheel wells when doing a regular wash with my Adams car soap. That way I don't have to mix up a seperate batch of CWG.

I don't use CWG as my regular car soap. It just seems a bit too agressive.

13. adriankeith

Yeah, I'm starting to think that too so I picked up Maxi Suds and it seems like a better wash for a regular basis. I'll save the CWG for when the car starts to get neglected or I can't wash it for a few weeks.

-- I hate to thread jack but I know some guys use TAW in the wheel wells and on the tires themselves but others use another product -- ARO. Just wondering if there's a huge difference. I know its pretty much go with what works for you and use it often but does ARO do a better job than P21s? I've actually been using a pretty diluted form of grime reaper on the tires and it seems to work well.. Just wondering what the consensus is with ARO.

14. Nica

Nica Banned

I personaly feel that ARO is one of the best tire cleaners. I mean you spray ARO on the tires and just watch what ever is on the tires come off, literally!

Mind you though, I've never used P21S Total Auto Wash on tires, I wonder how it will perform? Well there is only one way to find out :peace:

15. adriankeith

Haha, with the amount of TAW you have I'm surprised you haven't tried it! But now I realize why you have those sprayers and I'm going to have to get them soon for the TAW. Do any of the forum sponsors sell ARO? I saw it somewhere for 24.99 for 1 gal. Maybe i'll just pick up a small one for testing purposes, but if the price point is almost the same I may as well just get the gallon.

16. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Go to a local marine store (as in boating not the military)... Most if not all carry ARO.. call around first to make sure they have it....

17. adriankeith

Thanks for the tip Deep Gloss. I'll check around to see who has it.