p21s taw or optimum power clean

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by cleanfiend, Feb 11, 2010.

1. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

how do these two apc's compare? Im planning on trying out one of these in the near future after i run out of the adam's all purpose cleaner that i got in an order from detailers domain.

Meg's all purpose cleaner is also really cheap at detailed image and i am considering that as well.

thanks for any and all feed back.:thumb:

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Two different cleaners.

p31s TAW: Exterior only, IMO, good for cleaning the paint (stripping), wheels, rims, engine, and anything else like that. Would not use it on the inside of the car.

Opt Power Clean: Prob one of the safest APC out on the market, great for leather, vinyl, carpet, tires, paint, engine. It truly is an APC.

It depends on what you need it for. If you are looking for a good pre-wash, or cleaner for the exterior of the car you cant go wrong with p21s (or 100 total cycle wash as it is pretty much same thing but alot cheaper and prob cant find it local bike store). If you want something for the inside and outside then Power Clean is your answer.

3. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

wow. that explained it perfectly. thanks!

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

One other thing, Power Clean recommended dilution ratio is full or 1:3; I find that pretty conservative and have had great results for 1:10 for interior and 1:3 to 1:5 for the exterior. Megs APC is a good APC as well and right up there with Power Clean.

5. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

P21S TAW is meant to be diluted 20:1 for cleaning all interior surfaces, including headliner, leather, carpets, etc.

I like both Power Clean and TAW but I have noticed that Power Clean is generally much stronger. At 3:1, Power Clean is still safe for all exterior surfaces, but will strip wax in a heartbeat!

Unless you want an APC that is safe for wheels and painted surfaces, I agree with agpatel in that Meg's APC/APC+ is one of the best APC's.

Once I run out of P21S TAW, I won't be buying it anymore. Between APC+ and Einszett Blitz sitting on my shelf, I've got all vehicle surfaces covered. :thumb: