P21S New Carnauba

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by RTexasF, Apr 23, 2008.

1. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

Product Name - P21S 100% Carnauba Wax
    Price - $55 shipped
    Size - 6.2 oz
    Amount used during application - Can't tell any is missing!
    Dilution ratios - N/A
    Label appearance - Wouldn't jump out at you on a shelf
    Directions or Application process - Done by hand
    Ease of use - So easy RTexasF can do it
    Smell / Scent - none
    Consistency - medium hard paste
    Cleaning Ability - none
    Lubricity - N/A
    Suds N/A
    PH N/A
    Durability - unknown at this point
    Pros - ease of use, looks
    Cons - draws dust not anti static, not a very slick feel even after 24 hours
    Overall Comments - Uber easy to apply and remove
    Rating 1-5 (5 being the best) 4.7

First off let me explain that I almost exclusively use sealants but decided to try a new "topper" just for the sake of change.

Nothing special was done as these cars are essentially garage queens. We only need to buy gas once a month so that will give you a clue. Both had several coats of Opti Seal already and were wiped down with Poorboy's Spray & Wipe prior to the new carnauba.

As with the previous generation P21S application and removal was a pleasure. It was applied with the supplied foam pad which is brilliant in itself. These should be sold seperately for all to enjoy. It's one of those "why didn't I think of that?" things. Unlike the original formula they suggest that this one sets up or begins to set up prior to removal. It is also suggested to wait 24 hours before a second coat. I used DFT towels for removal.

Honestly I had forgotton how nice a real carnauba paste wax could look! It added to the already very nice look and took it up a notch or maybe even two. Reflections gained depth and clarity even beyond what I had expected.

Initially the feel is not very slick which disappointed me. I checked again after 24 hours and it the slickness had increased. After 36 hours both cars were very slick and the one that had spent a few hours in the sun was the slickest. Perhaps the heat (we are way south) helped it cure more so than the Honda which hasn't left the garage yet.

I can only find one negative and it is minor. The surface does seem to draw dust, at least during the cure period. If there was a way (and this is REALLY picky) to make it anti static I would add the .3 to give it a 5.0.

Here's a few pics to scope out. No sun shots which I apologize for. The situation was this:
    First I mowed, trimmed, weedeated, and blew off the walks/porches/etc., at the house. It is not a small yard. Then I did both vehicles with S&W, waxed them and did the wipedown. It was 93, humid, and this old man was WHIPPED kiddos! I had no desire to plop my sweaty arse in the cars to back them out for sun shots. The shower beckoned me.....I believe I was still sweating while in the shower and it was a cold one at that..

What looks like a "scrape" on the bump strip of the red car door is actually a reflection. I especially liked the fifth picture because the yellow cart hanging on the wall can be seen in both hoods. None of the pictures were modified. What you see is what I clicked, faults and all.

My thanks to Tonya for setting up the format to keep things standardized.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Nice review the wax looks great on your cars:applause2:

3. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Yes..the paint has a nice crisp look to it..nice reflections....and gloss....nice review also

Al

4. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Great review. This is one of the waxes on my "to try" list :)

5. RTexasF

Thank you folks. I had dupicated one of the pictures and just replaced it.

The product gets the points, all I did was sweat and wipe!

Rick

6. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Thanks for the review Rick... I just got this in today and cant wait to use it!!!

7. RTexasF

Brother, you will be pleased with the outcome.

8. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

I agree this is a great wax. Just overall it seems to have everything. So far im pleased with it and your results looks great as well.

9. RTexasF

Follow up:

Now more than 48 hours after application I went and rechecked the slickness of the paint on both cars by swiping a finger across the surface. Her car (the light colored one & an '08) is quite slick. Mine, being an '04 is not as slick to the touch.

The slickness on both is just okay, nothing like an application of FK#425. To me slickness on the surface means a lot......critters, sap, etc., just don't stick readily. Perfect water beads have little impact on me. In all candor I would prefer a wax that sheds/sheets water and is killer slick to promote ease of cleaning.

Complaining? No, not at all just an observation. I could certainly apply #425 to both and have them killer slick but that would void the "test" of the new wax. I feel that I must test it on its own without enhancements.......for as long as I can stand it! That won't last long I'm afraid.

The look has improved on both but just slightly and that is subjective. Overall still pleased other than the lack of super slick feel. Now that it has cured the dust collection seems to be less severe. The Honda has yet to get out in the sun which may add the "final curing" needed to make the finish feel a bit slicker. The look does beat all the sealants I normally use other than Wolfgang. It offers the look and the slickness but has a short life. It's too soon to tell which I prefer yet overall but the look of the new wax is superior.

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice review there RTexasF, I like the reflections of the vehicles.

Oh and I like the update too, :thumb:

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Very nice!