Ozone Generator

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by godoman, Jun 19, 2011.

1. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Just curious to see if any of you have any suggestions for "affordable" ozone generators. I have two that I found with signifigant price differences (one for $500.00 and another for $1000.00).

anyone have any leads on great deals?

thanks

godoman

2. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

I can get them cheap from one of my suppliers, around 300 or so.

3. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

really? how long does it take to use one of these on the interior of a medium size car? completely remove any unwanted smells? the two units I am looking at will only take 15-20 minutes per car and then the car is good to go. smell completely removed like new

godoman

4. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

I'd be extremely cautious about going down that road. All the research I've seen indicates that ozone is ineffective at removing odors unless it is at concentrations well above accepted health standards. Ozone at high levels aggressively degrades rubber and polymeric materials.

5. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Ozone machines generally takes a few hours or so, dpending on output. Ozone is lethal, so its not something you can work on while its running. It disipates very quickly one you open the doors. It works very well, but thing like Drivepur, keep working after tje application