Over looked product line...Hi-Temp

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Al-53, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I have been using Hi-Temp products for a few years now..amd never had a bad product yet...

ones I have used....

Smooth cut polish HT-61...this is a nice finish polish ..

This versatile surface prep utilizes microscopic chemical abrasives which will also restore the shine on Plexiglass and other smooth surface plastics. It will polish plastic bug shields, head and taillight lenses, exterior trim, bumpers, camper windows, and Plexiglass windshields to a high shine that feels like glass. Smooth Cut is silicone free and may be applied by hand, orbital, or rotary polisher. Smooth Cut remains creamy throughout the application process. No dusting, no swirling, no clumping!

HT-300 Medium Power Cut Leveler (Fast Cut)

A solvent-based leveler that removes medium
    scratches, oxidation, and paint defects,
    restoring paints to their original
    high-gloss appearance. Light Scratch Remover Hi-Temp's Fast Cut is slightly more powerful than our top selling "HT-61 Smooth Cut".

Smooth Cut removes 2,000 grit sandpaper scratches and the Fast Cut is capable of removing 1,500 grit scratches. This offers a slightly more aggressive approach, but still may be applied by hand. It is a medium cut leveler.

Fast Cut remains creamy throughout the application process. No dusting, no swirling, no clumping! As with all HI-Temp paint levelers, the Fast Cut uses a micro-bead, chemical abrasive for virtually swirl free application.

HT-69 Paint Perfection Glaze ....its a AIO type product

A thick, polymer sealant that is blended
    with mild abrasives to remove light
    scratches and swirl marks leaving a polished,
    high-gloss appearance.

HT-78 Poly Plate...this stuff reminds me of CG's Blitz...

A simple, easy on, easy off, wipe down
    sealant and detailer's spray. Produces a
    rich, deep, luxurious shine on glass,
    chrome, and paint.

HT-62 Terminator® Paint Sealant....better than Jetseal in my opinion....cheaper also..

Our most durable paint sealant containing
    UV blocking and cross-linking polymers
    for a long lasting, high-gloss shine on
    any painted surface.

Grape Tire dressing HT-10

Now VOC Compliant, the Grape Tire Dressing produces the high-sheen (not gloss) you see on concours winning vehicles.
    Hi-Temp's "perfect" tire dressing soaks into rubber, making it dry to the touch, and impossible to sling off. Once applied, the grape-scented tire dressing is permanent. Even a car wash cannot remove the deep black color. The tire dressing is actually accumulative. As time goes on, the less you need to apply.

These are some of the products I use...When I seen posts by Anthony O a few years back before he got involved with Optimum..he used Hi Temp and got nice results..so I emailed him about the products and he explained them to me and how to use them...

Top of The line is a dealer of them ..I have a store near me that sells them also...

do a search on Topia for hi temp and you will be surprised ...

They may be worth a try for you full time detailers..and very cost effective....

AL

2. marlcoke

marlcoke Birth of a Detailer

great review. i've only tried couple of their products...tire cleaner is just too good

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

How do you like that Arnold,:applause2: I mean Terminator sealant? JetSeal is famous for ability to set fast, instead of waiting 12-24 hours...Anyway, how is it if you compare it to DG #105? Or other Chemical Guys sealants???

4. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

good post agent-53..i used the HTEC using Opt polish as a 50/50 cut..HTEC is a nice polish that'll finish LSP ready and adding OPT polish lets you work the HTEC a bit longer..

TOL offers good CS and nice products at a decent price..

5. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I have heard nothing but good things about these products. Wanted to get some of the hi-temp but with Menzerna, 3M, and Meguiars working well for me I haven't purchased any. I agree also with the customer service, the few times I have ordered from them they are very friendly. Thanks for the info and review Al.

6. wytstang

wytstang Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I've ordered from TOL before and they ship pretty fast. I just love there 22oz spray bottles and they have held up very well thus far. I use them mostly for QD, and S&W and they mist nicely. I'm going to try there tire cleaner hopefully soon.

7. devast8

devast8 New Member

I have some HTEC and love it. It's my replacement when SIP is playing, cuts a bit more though. I will try joe's trick with 50/50 OP mix! (thanks for the tip)

I always wanted to try the Silicone Remover for a ISA replacement.

8. ggk

ggk Jedi Nuba

how would you compare smooth cut/fast cut to sip/ip?
    cause i could use a medium cut polish for inbetween compund and finishing polish.

9. DLR Detailing

DLR Detailing Jedi Nuba

Great post AL-53! :thumb:

I agree, underated and overlooked. Been using this line for approx 5 years now.

Dave

10. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Great review!! Thanks for sharing!:thumb:

11. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Nice review Al. I guess I must of over looked it because I have never even heard of it.

12. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

Don't forget Prep Wash, that stuff is awesome to use. Do note alot of their abrasive polishes are solvent based so you need the power and heat of a rotary.

13. Al-53

I used the levelers with a PC before and worked fine...they have a Akyra line thats water based also...but the solvent based ones work well with a PC ..just a little more time involved..

Al

14. budman3

budman3 Birth of a Detailer

Thanks for the review Al! I've tried a handful of these products and all have been quality products. I had the HT-69, but was a tad difficult to use compared to KAIO and other AIO's. The Light Cut polish, IMO rivals the look of 106FF. It leaves the paint very wet and glossy. Just don't use a lot (like Menz) with a PC. I didn't really care for the Grape Dressing ... it didn't last long and turned my tires brown. Switched dressings and that problem went away.

The HT-62 Terminator sounds very interesting, I've never read anything about it really. Any more information about it Al? Durability, ease of use, looks. For the price, it sounds too good to be true :).

I have been waiting to place an order from TOL again, including the Tire Cleaner, some plastic razor blades, concrete remover, etc.

15. Al-53

Budman..they reformulated the grape dressing...and its seems better now...low solvents...and lasts a bit longer now..

the Hi Temp AIO can be a tad tricky to remove at time...but not to bad...if hard i use a damp MF with some cheap QD and comes off no problem....

the light cut does look like 106 when used right...has a nice deep gloss to it..I just grabbed some yesterday when i went to my suppliers...but its cheaper at TOL...

the Terminator is a very nice sealant...put it this way...way better than jetseal and much cheaper...it looks good..slick and very durable....

the Poly plate spray is nice also..its like a spray sealant..I believe both are acrylic based...and they last ....

Al

16. budman3

budman3 Birth of a Detailer

Good to hear about the dressing, mine is a few years old now ... Thanks for the info about the sealant, I'll add it to my order, whenver that'll be.

17. Al-53

they offer a small bottle so its worth a shot..for that price nothing lost..lol....I am going to work on the truck today...maybe I will throw some on and show you...I have the bottle on my desk now as I sent some out to Shadybreal a little while back to try out...

AL

18. HAN

HAN Birth of a Detailer

Hi-temp line is a sleeper of great products at ridiculously low prices. I've used, and recommend:

357 Magnum Heavy Cut
    Extreme Cut
    Safe Wheel Cleaner
    Molding and Bumper Renew (I'm going to be doing a comparison between this and Black WOW soon).

I'm looking to try the Grape Tire dressing, but I'll have to use my current stash of roughly 1.5 gallons of Optimum's Tire Shine first.

Has anyone tried the multi-surface sealant?

Pete

19. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

I got a couple of Hi Temp Extreme power cut 600 grit leveler and really like it
    I'll have to look into that smooth cut too
    I get mine from a really friendly family business in Florida

20. Anthony

Anthony Birth of a Detailer

Actually I still use Hi-Temp products, in fact I just used Extreme mixed 50/50 with OP which gave me great results on a Porsche Boxster that needed a good amount of paint correction.

This mixture gave me results and finish comparable to Meguiars 105 which really surprised me.

Also, while I am involved a great deal with Optimum I still use other products. I recently revisited some carnauba waxes, I use Menzerna and a few Hi-Temp products still. I'm now trying out the new Victoria wax coming out soon.

Dollar for dollar, Hi-Temp is hard to beat! Glad I was able to get a few people interested in this line....:thumb:

Anthony