1. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I would love to get my hands on P21S TAW, but I can't afford it right now ....

I need to get my hands on a decent APC for lsp removal/pre-soak/engine cleaning. I think I read around here about ZEP products working well for these applications.

Any suggestions? I would appreciate if someone would let me know the dilution ratios for these three tasks.

Thanks in advance,
    Gianni

2. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

I use Zep Citrus degreaser daily! Great stuff.

3. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

s100 is OTC at any harley store

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

you could look in a dollar store and see if you could find LA's Totally Awesome. 16oz. bottle for One Dollar :D

5. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Purple Power is pretty cheap and reliable!

6. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Excuse my detailing ignorance, but how do you exactly use an APC as a LSP remover without the use of a foam gun?

I keep my cars extremely clean, so I never had a need for an APC. I got some cars lined up for the next few weeks and I would like to use APC for decontamination.

7. corrswitch

corrswitch Jedi Nuba

YOu're lucky in that in the US, you can find Duragloss products in some stores. They have some good APC's and they're pretty affordable.

8. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

You could add the APC to water like you would with car soap and wash it. Just make sure you rinse the car really well, and dont let it dwell on the paint for TOO long.

9. Solidsnake

Solidsnake Jedi Nuba

Zep citrus used with a foam gun is pretty good, or get the P21S citrus degreaser OR Adam's apc.

10. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

The zep citrus is just as good as P21S gianni. I used TAW for a couple years straight, and now I have no need for TAW anymore. Why spend six times more for TAW? To remove lsp another way, you could clay and then do an IPA wipedown after a strong dilution wash. That will remove lsp just as well as foaming with a foam gun. Add an ounce of the zep citrud to your soap bucket too and you'll be good to go.

11. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I can't find it around where I live ... :shakehead:

12. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Where are you looking for the Duragloss?? I find mine at the local paint supply places, which also happen to sell a large selection of 3M stuff and Meguiars thats not found at walmart or advance.

The LA's is some decent stuff for the money really, and if you are really only using it for decontamination it should do the job...

13. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Napa and parts plus ... no one carries that stuff around here.

14. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I wouldn't waste my time or money on the LAs stuff. You have to use it straight for it to be effective and even at $1 a bottle it still comes to $8 a gallon. You could get a gallon of Majestic Solutions Super Green Stuff or Megs APC for $12 and diluted at 3:1 makes it $3 a gallon. And at 3:1 its still a much better APC than LAs. If I was in a bind and had to have something in a hurry I'd go with the Zep stuff.