Ordered Flex PE 14-2

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Danny, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Well I finally sold both my PCXP and Makita. I decided to get the PE 14-2 because Abi aka BLUE_S offered to help me get it for a great price of $310 shipped and its brand new from Detailed Image and comes with the Flex storage bag:) And after selling the polishers and some optimum products I ended up making exactly $310 so I made out great since I didnt have to use any cash out of pocket to get it. I can't wait to try it out with my 3M perfect it III backing plate that I never got to use and some Scholl's S17 that was sent to me to try out from Cnut

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

2. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Awesome!

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

3. teak

teak Birth of a Detailer

Congrats.

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Nice purchase Danny. You'll love the S17.

5. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Thanks guys! I look forward to using it Ken, I am excited to try out my new gear and S17:)

6. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Great news !
    You are going to have fun with the new Flex !
    It is so much lighter to use than the Makita, it took me a few minutes to get used to the thing after using the Makita for years.. But it was so worth it ! :)
    You got a great price for the Flex - I can get that price too, but I still have to pay shipping from New York.
    Way back when they introduced the Flex, they gave away the bag, a backing plate, a few pads and I cant remember what else.
    Well, enjoy !!
    Dan F

7. cu2mike

cu2mike DB Forum Supporter

S17 makes me happy, actually the entire Scholl Concepts line makes me happy.
    Try their white spider pads if/when you can.

8. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Hey guys do you know if I can can use my 9" 3M Superbuff III 2 plus 2 pad on the PE 14-2 for heavy cutting when needed. I have some Lake Country PFW pads coming in as well as some Hydrotech Flats coming in.

Also I sold my 3" Uber backing plate and wanted to get a foamed version like the 3M. Does anyone know where to get a 5/8" threaded on here in the US besides the Gloss it 3" backing plate.

9. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Danny -

Yes, you can use your big honking 9" 3m pads for heavy cutting, but personally, unless its a dang airplane or something, I would rather use the Lake Country Purple Foamed Wool pads, for auto paint correction at that level. I hear from others that the black tuff buff wool pads are good too.

Here is a nice looking 3" foam backing plate -- EVOLVE 3 inch Backing Plate - Rotary Backing Plate
    Its on sale now for a few cents over $16, AND Chemical Guys is in California so shipping should be less.. :)

I have the 5" version of this and it works great on a rotary.
    Dan F

10. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Dan I heard that it can only go up to an 8" pad that's why I asked. 99% of the time ill be using 5.5" and 4" pads. And since I have the PFW's coming in, in 5.5 and 4 inch I will be using those my uber yellows and hydrotech cyans for compounding. As fir the CG evolve4r backing plate I had the 5" one for my makita but I found the foam to be too stiff.

11. Stangalang

Stangalang Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Not a big fan of the scholl polishes, but the flex is EPIC I hope you enjoy it and use it to it's fullest. Oh and definatley enjoy how quiet it is, ssssshhhhhhhhhhh!

12. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Danny -

Once you try the Lake Country PFW's, especially in the smaller sizes, you will be very happy I'm thinking. There is a lot less wool blowing than the standard wool/wool/blend pads.. Perhaps because of the lower rpm output of the Flex, there is concern about using a 9" pad? The way this machine is built, I dont personally think it would ever be an issue. These guys make machines that polish huge stones, etc... I have yet to see any of their products look or act like they cant do the job.

The Hydro-Shred Cyans work really nice too but you have to be gentle, keep them cooler with a little moisture, keep the rpms down, somewhere below 1000 or so, and they should go awhile before they start to shred. Their ability to finish down so great after correcting so well is what makes them so attractive, the shreddiness notwithstanding..

Sorry the Chemical Guys evolve backing plate doesn't work for you.

Dan F

13. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Thanks Dan, Hydroshreds LOL :) I hope they don't shred up on me. I will try using them the way you suggested. I have yet to encounter any problems with the regular hydrotechs that I have, hopefully the flats wont crap out on me.

14. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

Congrats once again. The PE14 is amazing. It's so quiet and smooth compared to the XC3401 that I started out with.

15. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

16. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

17. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Edited it seems to work now :)

18. RefPerfection

RefPerfection Birth of a Detailer

Congratulations. I've been paying attention to your threads, and your efforts to pick up the new Flex. One of these days I'm going to spend the money and pick one up as well. Keep us posted on your experience with the new polisher.

19. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Will do man and thank you. I will be updating this thread once I get the PE 14-2 in its expected to be in on friday. I might try and make a video of me testing it out on my mustang ans show some 50/50 if I can get some polishing in on Saturday. I am hopeing its as good as everyone has said it is, I am pretty sure it will be.

20. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

oh flex oh flex, i must buy the 220V version soon(tm)