Order Nightmare

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by godoman, Jul 13, 2011.

1. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Thought I would share with you guys one of the worst (the worst) expensive purchase orders I have ever had.

Place an order for a giant carpet extractor, along with the rest of my interior detialing needs. the order was over $2k and was certain I would be taken serious from the start. Was told that would recieve my order one week from today.

Eight days go by and I see that my phone has not rung, my email has nothing new in it and I still have no withdrawl from my bank account or delivered product at the front door. I call and they are short and snippy with me telling me that something like this takes "3 to 4 days" to process.....It was obvious that this person failed to look at the date as it has been 8 days.

they tell me again it will shop out and arrive in two days. two days go by and I call to find out what is going on, leave a voicemail and get no response for three days. When I finally get a call explaining that they should have called me back it is 6 days later and they assured me it would "ship out today and arrive tommorow". tommorow comes and still no unit. Instead I get a call from them and they tell me that the credit card is not processing and I go over it with them and the order is made and processed, I ask what it was charged for to double check that the amount was correct and they quoted me $200.00 dollars more than quoted because it is being shipped frieght to a residential area and that costs $90.00 dollars more and another $42.00 just to have the frieght guy drop it from his truck to my drive way.

I told them, "whatever, just ship the damn thing as I need it for my business and just want this over with"

today I get an email stating what they claimed they quoted me on shipping (even though this email was never sent to me before) that outlined everything even though I made it clear from the beginging that this will be arriving at my "house".

at the bottom of the email it says "please let us know how you would like to proceed". I told them, "you still have not sent it to me? just get it in the mail already, I need it for my business, geez"

what the hell, do any of you have experiences like this?

godoman

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Dude, eff it. Just order from another place. Tell them they cwn suck it and that you will post a very honest REVIEW abot their customer service on many websites, and wanna see if that gets them more customers. Sounds like they totally don't know what the hell they are doing...

3. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

I use to work in customer service fixing situations like this and tried being sympathetic and very patient with them despite all of this. it was not until yesterday that they informed me at the last minute that there would be an additional 200 dollar freight charge. I lost it right there on the phone.

4. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Godoman -

Wow, am so sorry that this happened to you. That is easily the worst example of "service after the sale", and "customer service" I have ever seen. You have to ask yourself - what will happen if the dang thing arrives dead on arrival?? Will they respond satisfactorily?? At all ??
    Please advise who these A$$Clowns are so that none of us fall into their trap too, ok ?

Stunning that today with the shortages of so many things - especially jobs and $$$, people are still out there pillaging the poor middle class people on whose shoulders are carrying all the weight of this country's ills..

Hope you get your equipment in time to start your business - is there anything I can do to help ???

Shoot me PM sometime when you have time, so that I can come see your place. I live in Bellevue, right off of Exit-10 of the 405 freeway.

Dan F

5. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I would just cancel the order all together and purchase an extractor else where.

6. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

Cancel it and order elsewhere. Not worth giving your hard earned money to a company who doesn't appreciate your business. Take it somewhere where the people care.

7. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Cancel the order.... Just imagine how painful support with/for the product will be should you need any future assistance and/or warranty work.

8. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Cancel it and please let us know who gave you so much grief.

9. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

So who did you order from?

10. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

I am still dealing with this, will let you know when it is all over. I am seriously disappointed though.

godoman

11. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

As stated CANCEL it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

If this doesn't work out, I need a carpet extractor with inline heater, 210 degree water, 150 psi and at least 137 inches of lift. the extractor i ordered has a 13 gallon water reclamation tank.

this is a solid unit, that is why I have been so patient up till now....

godoman

13. 99monguse

99monguse Birth of a Detailer

Dude cancel it and order it elsewhere

14. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Out the business so we know who NOT to order from

15. Lito

Lito Any Rag Vehicle Washer

if this is how they sell a NEW unit, i don't even want to think how a warranty claim is going to be handled.

16. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

Were you purchasing it from a reseller or from the manufacturer directly?

17. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

they are a reseller of this unit. not the direct manufacturer

18. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

why not go through direct manufacturer and tell them what is happening

19. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

There are manufacturers that do not sell directly to end users. Also, for more expensive items like what the OP is purchasing from the reseller, the reseller will normally just dropship this to the customer as opposed to carrying the stock since they don't want to tie their money up on things like this. If this case applies to the OP, it could be either the reseller or the manufacturer that's dropping the ball.

20. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

I think u r right about it being the manufacturer dropping the ball as they said they werer having shipping issues coming in through idaho. But they still blew me off multiple times. Proper communication would have prevented all the grief and waiting I went through