optiseal 2.0 worth it?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Stang1989, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Stang1989

Stang1989 Virgin Detailer

i have a jeep wrangler and i wanted to get opticoat for protection during ny winters... i was surprised to see that for $70 you literally get a teaspoon in that syringe... my question is.. is there enough in that little tube to cover all the things i want to cover on my jeep... the body, windows, wheels, headlights, ect and is it worth the price or should i just go with something like net seal or pro lock?

thanks guys
    E

2. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

I covered an MDX and a Subaru legacy paint, lenses,wheels with 2 coats and had a bit leftover. Goes very far. I did not use it on the glass and schools not be used on windshield at all. The wiper will mar it per Dr G , at 11 months they look great and are easy to clean. Not the slickest LSP but very durable and glossy.

For me I was looking at reducing maintenance on my own cars.

3. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

You mean Opti-coat or Opti-guard permanent coating....not Opti-seal 2.0 sealant. I was recently able to do a Nissan Murano, Subaru Outback and about 4 pairs of head lights with a single tube. If you have every used the Opti-seal, Zaino Clearseal, BF Crystal-seal or Ultima UPGP Wipe-on Walk away sealants that easily spread very far, the Opti-coat applies the same way.

It's more like a couple of tablespoons than a teaspoon.

4. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Its well worth it . A little goes a long long way.