Optimum Opti Coating

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by Obsessive Detail, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

Just wanted to let all of you detailers know that you can now purchase the long awaited Optimum Opti Coating from us. Right now this is only available for professionals that detail as a business. The coating comes in a 40cc Syringe and the price will be $100.00. One syringe will do 3-4 vehicles easily.

I've been putting this on my customer vehicles and been charging $150 to put the coating on a car and $175+ for trucks, vans, and SUV's. The application is very similar to Opti Seal, you basically wipe it on and wait a few minutes and lightly buff off the higher areas.

Here is the official release form that will be need to be signed before purchased.....

Optimum Opti-Coat Release Form
    for Qualified Automotive Reconditioning Professionals

Optimum Opti-Coat Clearcoat forms a permanent coating that protects paint and other automotive surfaces indefinitely, if applied correctly to a properly prepared surface. Optimum Opti-Coat acts as a second layer of clear coat providing increased protection from the attacks of environmental elements. Optimum Opti-Coat can be applied to paint, glass, chrome, wheels and hard trim. Opti-Guard should only be applied to painted surfaces that are clean and free of defect.

Opti-Coat coating is a permanent coating like polyurethane that will bond to all automotive surfaces. It will be dry to touch within 30 minutes and fully cure within 12 hours. After the 30 minute dry time, it can only be removed with paint removers, sanding, or polishing. Any problem with the application is the sole responsibility of the user. Because Opti-Coat is a coating and not a wax or sealant, applying Opti-Coat over a contaminated surface will greatly reduce the effectiveness of 1) its longevity and 2) the over all looks. Also, once applied, paint defects/contaminants cannot be removed without first removing the Opti-Coat.

If properly applied, to a properly prepped surface, Optimum Opti-Coat, like polyurethane, becomes permanent and can only be removed by polishing (compounding), wet sanding and/or a chemical paint removers. You must fully understand this and by filling out the form below you acknowledge that you understand Opti-Coat is a coating system and forms a permanent film and you will be responsible for any application issues.

Optimum Opti-Coat is a professional product which will be sold only to those individuals/businesses that provide to Optimum Polymer Technologies proof that they are a professional business. Evidence will be in the form of a business card and business phone number. Optimum Polymer Technologies has the right to deny sale of Opti-Coat to individuals/business.

Name: Name of Business:

Tax ID Number: Year Established:

Business Phone: Website:

Business Address:

I ________________________ have read this agreement and understand that I will use Opti-Coat at my own risk and will not hold Optimum Polymer Technologies, Inc. responsible for any application issues I encounter with this product.

Signature: _________________________ Date: *****_____________________

Since this product is only for professionals I will not be able to list this on my websites. I can take orders over the phone or directly through Paypal. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I have read about this and it is some pretty crazy stuff, I know over in Europe they have 2 companies that have similar products and have had some great reviews on how long they last, look, and cleaning ability. Down side like the release says is it is a paint to get off if you mess up.

3. Obsessive Detail

Honestly, it isn't as bad as everyone thinks. I've applied this on quite a few vehicles now and like I said above, it is very similar to applying Opti Seal. You basically spread it on and let it sit for few minutes (sometimes less depending on the conditions) once it starts to feel kind of tacky, you just gently wipe the higher areas with a microfiber. Very simple really.

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I am hoping that one of the companies over in Europe get the VOC part of there formulation down so they can start importing to the US, as I would love to try some of there stuff. They have one that last as long as opti-coat and one that last a fair amount of time and would make a great base for nuba's as I only polish one a year.

As you use it on customer cars do you have alot of people saying that its bunk and probably the same stuff that dealers say will last years yadda yadda....

Anyways, its pretty cool stuff and the silane coatings like this one are only going to get better as more manuf. start playing around with them more and more.

5. Obsessive Detail

I've had a couple people say "this sounds like something the dealer offered us when we got our car." A few people have question the durability, but I guarantee them that it will last at least 3 years or I will reapply it to the panels that need it free of charge.

I have noticed that bugs, bird dropping, brake dust, and road grime come off a lot easier on the vehicles I've put this on. I've noticed this also on my personal vehicles as well.

6. Cooter

Cooter Guest

In the first paragraph of the release statement it says Opti-Coat, and Opti-Guard, but doesnt say Opti-Guard again. Are these names interchangeable??

Justin, did you do a complete detail on those cars, 2 stepper or 3 stepper?

7. Obsessive Detail

Well, I've heard it called Opti Guard at first, now when I talk to David he always says Opti Coating, so that I what I've been referring to this as.

I always tells me customers that they car really needs to be buffed to get rid of swirls and scratches before applying it, otherwise you are just covering them up with the coating. Now the $150 is just to apply the coating itself, this doesn't count for paint correction.

An alcohol wipedown or wax remover is needed to get the best possible bonding.

8. Chris@Optimum

Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

I've done 3 small cars with only 1/4 of a syringe. This stuff goes a long way.

9. Obsessive Detail

Were you using the 10cc sample or the actual 40cc syringe? The first couple of syringes I used were the sample ones and I got a ton of use just out of those.

10. Chris@Optimum

Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

the 40cc one. I just got it about a month ago.

11. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

Wow - $150 per application is super cheap. I was thinking like atleast $500 plus the cost of a max correction.

12. Obsessive Detail

Really the price to put it on is up to the detailer, any way you look at it, there is a huge profit margin.

13. David Fermani

David Fermani DB Certified Manufacturer

What ever works for you. It's all how you market it I guess. If a new car dealer can easily get $500 for a junk sealant, a revolutionary coating shouldn't be any less. Dr. G was pleased (to say the least) when I told him I'd like to get $1000 for it.

14. Obsessive Detail

I couldn't agree more. I got the $150 figure from Dr. G a few months ago and I'm thinking that is what Anthony O is charging, but after thinking about it, I do think I could get a lot more. A big factor is the market in your particular area.

15. Cooter

Cooter Guest

LOL. Just a random thought, bring that to northeast Mississippi and say $150 and they'd want the car gold plated and a mail-in-rebate!!

It would be great but the market for something like that would be like a door to door laundry detergent salesman.

I would like to get ahold of some, but I would have to do a complete detail on my car. Now this Hurricane Ida is gonna be coming, so thats not gonna happen anytime soon.

16. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

OMG thanks so much for offering this to us, I remember reading about this stuff a couple months ago. I can't wait for more reviews and maybe pictures? So excited.

:applause2::worship2::worship2::worship2: :applause2:

17. Obsessive Detail

I need to snap some pictures of my truck, I've had the coating on that for a little over a month now. The look is very similar to Opti Seal with a little warmer glow to it in my opinion.

18. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

So would you top this with a wax, or just put this on your car and not mess with it for three years? Can you still scratch the paint and marr it when you don't wash it properly?

19. Obsessive Detail

You can top with a wax if you want to, but you don't have to. Yes, this will still marr if you don't wash properly.

20. froboy272

froboy272 Obsessive Detailer