Optimum Opti Clean

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Legacy99, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Any feedback on this waterless wash?

2. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I got a bottle during my last detailing purchase, but I haven't used it yet. It smells like ONR old formula, but it looks like OID.

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I have only used it after washing my car as a drying aid and it left a nice finish. As a pure waterless dont know, but it does work well to remove bird crap the 2x times I have used it for this week.

4. Cosmin

Cosmin Birth of a Detailer

true , smells like onr, i got my gallon this weekend .
    i already got the bottle mix ready , probably by next week i will have some feedback on it , i wonder if leave any strikes when dry.
    i plan use it for light dusty cars , garage cars.
    wonder if i can use it as clay lube...

5. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I will let you know in a few hours. I will be washing the wifes car.

6. Cosmin

i try it today on a light dusty car.
    if u do cars everyday than is a waist of money. i get way more mileage from ONR.
    on a sedan took me around 6 once of solution for one car ( read was 1:3 with water so total bottle was 24oz)
    for people who need as interior cleanr it may worth the money , but for me.. nope , i will push to get the gallon done and back to ONR.:thumb:

7. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

True, but ONR is not a waterless wash. However, at QD strength it could be used as a waterless wash.

8. Cosmin

u right.
    still , u get more miles from onr , probably double , and u can use onr as waterless wash on light dust vehicles too.

9. newbie001

newbie001 Birth of a Detailer

Can Opti-Clean and or ONR (being used as a waterless wash) be used in the sun?

10. Cosmin

if is not a texas sun , u may , small panels at a time .
    u have to move like speedy gonzalez to don`t have strikes or spots
    :gidiup:

11. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Used it yesterday with good results. I will use this on ocassion but I will stick with ONR as stated when diluted its a better bang for the buck.

12. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

13. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

i've used a 1 part onr to 5 part water ratio on my ONR to spray heavy n wipe on my car with great results.

14. TWISTEDFRAME

TWISTEDFRAME Jedi Nuba

I used it yesterday and got great results. I think it works better than any mixture of regular ONR. It buffs away cleaner and leaves a nice shine. If it's all you used it would get pricey, but for just quick clean ups here and there I think its a great product that I will continue to use. That being said it's only getting used on my vehicles, not customers'.

15. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Optimum Opti™ - Clean water-less wash is designed to wipe away dirt and grime from automotive paint and other surfaces safely and effectively in a spray and wipe application. The substantive polymers encapsulate the dirt and grime to protect the paint from marring while lubricating and bonding to the painted and other automotive surfaces to provide greater protection while leaving a slick glossy finish behind.

A combination of polymers and surfactant cleaners safely removes dirt and grime and leaves a glossy protective finish. Based on the same surfactant type polymers used in Optimum (OPT) No Rinse™ Wash & Shine New Formula (ONR) it has increased cleaning ability but is safe for use on all automotive surfaces.

ONR works fine for a car with light to medium road dirt while Optimum Opti™ - Clean can be used on a car with several days of built- up road salt, dirt and grime. The reason is that Opti™ - Clean contains the same polymers as ONR that encapsulate dirt but at a much higher concentration, as well as additional polymers not used in ONR. A totally waterless wash that provides some surface protection and its ideal for a quick clean up or for use when there is no water available (apartments, condominiums, concours d’élégance or car shows) Simply spray Optimum Opti-Clean on any surface and wipe off with a plush microfiber towel till the area is clean and dry.

16. TWISTEDFRAME

TWISTEDFRAME Jedi Nuba

I could have read the back of the bottle to find that info...way to not contribute anything useful to the thread. :applause2:

17. boynbeagle7

boynbeagle7 Virgin Detailer

I disagree - the post was useful for those of us who don't have the bottle to read.

18. TWISTEDFRAME

TWISTEDFRAME Jedi Nuba

The OP asked for feedback not the information that can be found on the back of the bottler or on any re-sellers website. The continual posting of textbook definitions of products in feedback threads get very annoying.

19. redlight

redlight Virgin Detailer

So it looks like either of these could be used during the lousy cold Northeast winters as a waterless wash? Is there a point of road grime where using either of these is just not wise?

20. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

OOC should not be used on a heavily soiled car.