optimum mf pads

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by nyrep1, Apr 15, 2012.

1. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

hey phil i have some meg mf pads from you but i would like to try out the optimum ones as well. any plans to stock these anytime soon?

2. React

React Birth of a Detailer

Great question....I'm trying to stay away from the Meg's after all of the issues with them falling apart.

3. Jumbo Jet

Jumbo Jet Jedi Nuba

My Optimum pads have been falling apart, MF separating from foam. I've had to put down two pads already that were only used 3-4 times. Meguires are still going strong, although I've also heard of the problems.

4. nyrep1

damn...not what i wanted to hear

5. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Performance wise, can you give a comparo?

6. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

we have Uber MF Cutting Pads coming out shortly.

7. nyrep1

well i guess i will be holding out then

8. Jumbo Jet

Jumbo Jet Jedi Nuba

Honestly, they are about the same performance wise. I dont see much of a difference other than the foam, they both dust up with M105. I just ordered some 6" Surbuf MF pads for the Flex, I'll get to try them out Saturday morning and see how they do. Looking forward to the Uber pads as well.... thanks Phil.

9. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

You'll get more dusting with 105 and Surbuf, the MF pads are a cleaner process but every now and then Surbuf will get the job done for serious defects or really hard paint.

10. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

Will they be recommended for use on a Flex? The Meg's are not but the Optimum are.

11. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

yes you can use them on the Flex