Optimum/Menzerna

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by advanced detail, Feb 19, 2008.

1. advanced detail

advanced detail Two Bucket System Washer

I've been using op/oc and have been getting good results,I 'm thinking about trying menzerna. My question is,will there really be a noticeable differance?I think I know what everyone is going to say but I just thought I'd ask anyways.

2. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

I have used both lines and in opinion the Menzerna wins hands down!!!!!

3. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Menzerna does give better results.

4. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

What he said!

5. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

The thing for me with Menz vs. OC and even OHC, is that Menz has a quicker working time by breaking down quicker. Now, there are times when you need some extra working time and Optimum is perfect for that. But, honestly, when doing paid details, I'd rather have something that works better quicker than the other way around. I've tried OC or OHC on a test panel and just didn't get what I was looking for. Fired up the Menz IP, and, bam, now that's what I'm talking about!!!

6. Wendell inc.

Wendell inc. Birth of a Detailer

+++++++++++++1

7. advanced detail

Thanks guys, I'll be ordering some SIP & PO106FF soon.:thumb:

8. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

Optimum doesn't have the guts IMO
    Sure it has a longer working time but it will give you a bright finish on reds and dark colours whereas menzerna gives far more wetness and darkening richness and you can still work it for up to four and a half minutes

Best used on BMW's as their paint loves menzerna and will spread for longer on there than japanese paint

Some Japanese cars have paint that hates 106FF (dries up and won't spread)

9. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: I would agree with everything that is being said here...Dream Machine I 100% agree with you with your statement about Menzerna and some Japanese vehicles? I've noticed that too and Clark from Polished Bliss UK has noticed that as well, really strange but glad I'm not the only one that noticed it...but to be honest I ignored it the first few times Menzerna was acting up on me. But then I started reading that I wasent the only one that has had this happen to.

10. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Menzerna is tops... I would highly suggest you have a backup polish in your possesion that you know how to use well.. why, well Menzerna can act up at times due to ambient weather conditions and you will be cursing the gods if that is all you have!

11. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

:headbang:

12. budman3

budman3 Birth of a Detailer

Optimum doesn't have hissy fits like Menzerna does. Compounds are compounds. Choose one that works best for you. Optimum was designed not to dust and have long work times. They are also pad dependant, so choosing the right pad with the product is essential. Optimum polish is very easy to work and the results are nice. The Menzerna final polishes are hard to beat though. Again, these products are designed for rotary usage and won't be as effective or user friendly with DAs.

13. advanced detail

Thanks for all the responces,I guess having some menzerna on my van would be a good idea, when and if it acts up I'll have Optimum as well. I also have System one and some CG polishes you never know what you'll need.

Thanks again

14. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I would go with 3M over opt., with 3M and menzerna you should be covered.

15. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: I agree, I've got this combo and I'm enjoying it :thumb:

16. advanced detail

I have to admit that the only 3M product I've used is the foam pad glaze (for dark colored cars)
    and a compound ( don't remember witch one) So what's the 3M combo these days?

17. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

I would get the extra cut and ultrafina.

18. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

I'd keep Optimum for helping with spreading with certain finicky polishes/compounds. Also VERY useful if you are polishing in straight sun & difficult conditions.

19. O4COBRA

O4COBRA Birth of a Detailer

Not much on the market compares to Menzerna. Especially there ceramic line. But optimum is a close second.