Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by O4COBRA, Mar 10, 2008.

1. O4COBRA

O4COBRA Birth of a Detailer

As a big fan of OCW for years now, I bought this product minutes after reading about it. Without seeing a review, or hearing anyones thoughts. Since buying I have read a few reviews and had to come to the conclusion this must be good after all of the reviews. Today verified what I thought and what others had led me to believe. This stuff is amazing!!

(Hybrid review between Tonya and togwt)

-Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer 128oz concentrate used in product review

-Available in 16oz ready to use $9.99, 32oz Concentrate $19.99, 128oz Concentrate $48.00

-Concentrate sizes are recommend to be 1 part QD to 3 parts water. 32oz makes 1 gallon ($0.15 per oz) and the 128oz makes 4 gallons!! ($0.10 per oz)

-A 1oz portion of product was used on the test car (Black 05 Mustang GT)

-Well packaged as all Optimum products are. Tight sealing cap, quality plastic container.

-Directions are short and to the point. To be used after wash, wax, and to remove light dusting.

-The smell is wonderful, yet very light. The product smells like an old ear infection medication I had when I was little. Very nice scent, not over powering at all.

-Products is very thin and watery like most QD's.

-Cleaning ability is very impressive. The test car was washed 4 days ago. Had a moderate amount of light dusting on the paint. Removed the dust easily and left a clean, slick surface afterwards.

-This product just makes the towel glide over clean, or dusty paint. Would have to think this would make a wonderful clay lube.

-Product can't be easier to use IMO. You don't even need to flip the towel for a final pass. The product dissolves as you go over it. Very impressive!!

- 10/10 This product delivers ease of use, wonderful value, and results!!

-PROS: Incredible value Dollar Vs. Product amount, easy to use, just the job designed to do, leaves a finish that is highly desirable, multi use product.

-Cons: Honestly, can't come up with any. Also don't see any possible ones in the future.

Overall the product in amazing to say the least. I've been using QuikShine for years now and have recently been looking for something a little more cost effective. But I don't wanna sacrifice all the good things I really like about QuikShine. Imagine what I've been going through to find such a product. Not that I have found this product it will be in my product stable for a very long time. I would have to say until they stop making it. At the point I will buy up as much as possible.

I stated above I tested this today on my Mom's 05 Mustang GT. The car has a few days since it's last wash, so it had some descent amount of dust built up. OID just seems to remove the dust with ease. Hard to explain, but as you wiped over the surface it just seemed like it was pulling the dust off of the paint safely. Product just gave me a lot of confidence that the paint was safe. The finish afterwards was clean, very glossy, and extremely slick. Just as the name leads you to think!!

[​IMG]

2. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

Awesome review, this stuff sounds like a home run, this is definitely one I want to try, I'm a QD addict.

3. O4COBRA

Go for the gallon. :)

4. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Thanks for a GREAT review. I have a sample from Cooter (Thanks buddy) that I am going to be trying out. I too love QuickShine and it is my go to QD so if you liked QS like me and you love this stuff I should think about a gallon of it huh.

5. O4COBRA

^ Go for the gallon. Go ahead and use the sample from Cooter, it will make you look at QuikShine like a step child you don't want anymore. That might be a little harsh, but you get the point!! ;)

I read Cooter's review after I ordered the gallon. His review made me feel a lot better!!

6. Anthony

Anthony Birth of a Detailer

Glad you like the OID. We went through several samples to get to the present formula, one of the last things to change was the scent. It was very overpowering about midway through testing but I believe it's just right now.

If you like to use ONR then after you wash a panel spray some OID onto the panel just before drying. Leaves behind a very smooth, super slick surface.

If left to dry the product, like most other QD's, will streak so make sure you don't spray more panels than you can effectively wipe down before it dries out. I've also found that setting your sprayer on a more "mist" setting gives better results than having it set to stream out. Also, in windy situations only do one panel at a time.

Nice review :)

Anthony

7. O4COBRA

^ Thanks Anthony. You and the Doc have really made some great products together. I really appreciate at the very least OID and OCW. Two products I don't know how I will ever replace.

Don't know this product can be sold for so cheap, but I'm happy!!!

8. Cooter

Cooter Guest

I totally agree with everything 04Cobra said. This stuff is awesome. I've been selling or trading my qds off. I had 32oz I got from ObsessiveDetail, used it once and then two days later I ordered a gallon of it. This stuff is just awesome.

I'm sure you'll like that little teaser JL!!

This stuff is for real. The slickness is insane.

9. devast8

devast8 New Member

Very interesting review! I'm a fan of Optimum products. They 're cheap, easy to use and works! I'm currently using FK and wonder how the 2 compares. It's hard to think that a new product would beat FK but I don't doubt Optimum capabilities!

The price Optimum beat FK though

I can't wait till someone compares the two

10. m4gician

m4gician Birth of a Detailer

Where is it available? How much is shipping to Canada (that's usually what bars me from trying a lot of products)

11. ZeroGravity

ZeroGravity Any Rag Vehicle Washer

eshine.ca has the new QID on their site since last night. And they're based in Canada. Free shipping too if your order goes over 150.

12. jshillin

jshillin Birth of a Detailer

I don't know if Phil or Justin ships to Canada, but they both carry it.

Detailers Domain

http://www.obsessivedetail.com

13. blucpe

blucpe Birth of a Detailer

i just orderd a gal. of it all on you guys recommendation i hope, and i'm confident that it will, live up to the hype. i was using pb's s&g and really liked it but i thought it was time for a change since i'm running out of it, i'll use the oid after the s&w and see how that goes.

14. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

Lets see how it goes against Driven's Quick spray
    473ml makes a gallon and can be machine applied to bridge the gap a little between factory and show car paints
    It eliminates the need for hand polishing to restore any lost shine.
    It's also extremely slick and works on any surface

I'll let you know who wins

15. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

I think that OID is the best or one of the best quick detailers out. I really love how slick it leaves finish and it is so easy to use.

You can't go wrong for the quality and the price!

16. cheeseenlo

cheeseenlo Birth of a Detailer

OID is currently my favorite QD. Used it last saturday on my Accord and it was amazing. Diluted 3:1 with distilled water, one spray on the mf, spread, buff off with another mf. Great shine, bubble gum scent, no streaks or hazing. Once the mf gets saturated, you can easily do a panel or two without re-spraying. This QD deserves an easy 10 out of 10.

-Sam