Optimum gloss coat

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by JSF721, Sep 30, 2014.

1. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

I have not seen anyone post much about this product. I know it's kind of new. If anyone has used this can you please post up your impressions?

I would love to hear about

1 application

2 coverage. What size car did you use it on and how many coats (also wheels trim covered?)

Thanks

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

application easier than opti coat 2. coverage 5-15cc per car depending on size.

used about 2-4 cc for most wheels.

3. JSF721

JSF721 Jedi Nuba

Phil

Should I buy 2 tubes to do an MDX and one for a Subaru legacy? Need to recoat the Opticoat 2.0. It's been 2 years and a few months and the beading is not up to my standards. It not gone just to hard to dry with the master blaster.

4. JordanL

JordanL Virgin Detailer

Opti coat 2.0 is a "permanent" coating. Many have seen the beading drop after a few months or years. Just because it is beading less doesn't mean it is on its way out, if you want beading than top it with opti seal. It's like carpro's reload for their CQuartz coating

5. toycar18

toycar18 Virgin Detailer

I had opti coat 2.0 stop beading on a work truck. Dirt buildup will prevent beading.

Optimum recommend hitting with optimum power clean 3 to 1 or any APC and rinse.

After that it was back to normal and beading just fine.

6. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Coatings do not fully prevent contamination from embedding itself into paint either, so while less frequently, you still need to decontaminate the paint 1-2 times per year to maintain the "like-new" beading effect. A client of mine has had 2.0 on his BMW for 2 years now and since he has been having check-ups done every 6 months, it still beads like new, and there is virtually no swirling anywhere.

7. okay65829

okay65829 Active Member

Decontaminate as in clay bar or a product like iron out?

8. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Both. Using Iron-X/Iron Out first will remove a large chunk of contamination (I would say close to 80%), and make claying easier and less "damaging" afterwards. Only a mild clay bar will be needed and marring risk will be extremely low.

9. Supertuner

Supertuner Jedi Nuba

Hey guys, wanted your opinion my brother just bought a brand new MB sprinter, I wanted to coat it with gloss coat, but wanted to know how much to get its a high roof model, plus the alloy wheels, so there's a lot of surface to cover. Would the CAR product be better, as durable to use. Appreciate any advice

10. Supertuner

Supertuner Jedi Nuba

The van is being used for general contracting/ carpentry so 18-24 month durability would be nice

11. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

I've done two sedans with one syringe of Gloss Coat. Easier to apply compared to Opti Coat and much slicker/glossier.

Great product IMO.

12. broker99

broker99 Virgin Detailer

I did two vehicles with 2 coats each and still had a little left over. Very easy to use.

13. Ian

Ian Jedi Nuba

I love the new version of gloss coat. Like said its slicker and has more gloss. Beads like crazy too. Very easy to use compared to opti coat 2.0. I have it on a couple of cars for about a couple of months and still going strong. You can top it with another coat of opti gloss after an hour or use your favorite wax. No more waiting a month to do that

14. aquariusashu

aquariusashu New Member

The information which you have shared in your post looks very interesting and unique . This forum helps me in learning couple of good things about car products.

15. gweegzz

gweegzz New Member

yeah, ourcasei agree with that.casesam