Optimum Car Wash harsh on LSP?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by J BELL, May 9, 2009.

1. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Have you guys noticed any stripping of wax with optimum car wash at 1 oz. per gallon? I seem to have lost quite a bit of slickness since using it 2 times in a row over a 2 week period. I usually alternate soaps but wanted to see if OCW would do this...what say you? The truck has Meguiars #20 topped with Colli 915.

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

absolutely not! It is one of the most gentle shampoos out there. As far as slickness, it will be gone after a couple of washes with ANY SHAMPOO anyway... Use Optimum QD to gain it back.

3. dtaildood

dtaildood Any Rag Vehicle Washer

How good is this Optimum No rinse everyone talks about? Id love to take a step out of my detail, especially the drying part which definately soaks up some time and energy.

Its simply mixing proper ratio of ONR to Water and wash your car as you normally would? How effective can it be as I thought a final rinse was a good way to always rid of any loose dirt remaining on the surface.

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Well it's been a few months now and all the vehicles I've detailed have been washed via ONR. It's a great system and I'll continue on using it.