Opticlean + matte wheels + WIN!

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Kilo6_one, May 8, 2013.

1. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Ok, so I bought some matte detailer from CG, works great and I love it. But man for wheels its pricey to buy as a gallon and IIRC it cannot be diluted. Most of my cars I maintain have matte wheels, so I played around with different detailers. I found that OptiClean is actually the best one thus far.

It does a great job as a post wipe down after a wash, leaves very little to any sheen or gloss but wipes off clean and takes away whatever you missed when you washed your wheels ( bonus IMO)

Plus you can dilute it and inexpensive not to mention can be used for other things. I use it to wipe down plastics on my VW's the lower rockers are ABS.

Great product.

Also I keep a bottle of Opticlean plus some MF towels in my cars for bird bombs

2. dr.jay

dr.jay Birth of a Detailer

I have some but never use it, the smell makes me sick to my stomach. The one time I did it worked well, I'll give it a go on my friends Matte ADvan wheels

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Really? I didnt think it had any smell at all.

Im all about consolidating products. I also use Opticlean now as a post wipe down product for my door jambs etc, it doesn't abrade (not sure if thats the correct usage of that word) any protection which is nice.

4. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Thank you for sharing this Karl. I still have a bottle that hasn't seem much use since I bought it. I'll give it a try again!