opti-coat on matte finishes and vinyl?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by kodexkustoms, Oct 22, 2013.

1. kodexkustoms

kodexkustoms Virgin Detailer

Hey guys,

I've been beyond busy lately and just don't have the time to really keep up with the care on my boss like I wish I could. I've also been DD'ing the car as well as have plans to start tracking it. I really want to opti-coat it so I don't have to worry so much about protecting the paint.

My question is... My wheels will more than likely be pulling double duty track and street use so brake dust is and will be horrid, they are also a matte finish will I have a problem opti-coating the matte finish? And I've had the gloss stripes and roof replaced with matte vinyl will I have to do anything special with these?

Sorry if these are newb questions I've not had time to really look into this stuff and am not up to date on it.

Thanks
    Kody

2. RaskyR1

RaskyR1 Jedi Nuba

Opti-Coat on matte surfaces will darken it ever so slightly, but it no issue at all. I've done several....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beachzone likes this.
  3. kodexkustoms

And it's fine to use on vinyl?

4. Beachzone

Beachzone Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Good post, Chad. I need a sprayer asap! must be nice applying OC that way!

That is correct. You can use Opti-Coat on vinyl without any issues...

[​IMG]

^^The Saab was coated using multiple coatings without any issues.

-Beach

5. kodexkustoms

Sweet thanks for the help! I plan on coating it soon I really need some help to keep this beast clean.