OPT Protectant Plus vs. 303 Aerospace Protectant

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Rcrew, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

Anyone ever use 303 AP on leather as a protectant product? I have a few times and it did a nice job. I have yet to use OPT's leather AIO product but am considering picking it up.

However, I am also trying to narrow my product selection to save money and have fewer bottles hanging around my shop:shakehead:

My question is: Since I already stock 303 can I forget about OPT PP and just use 303 on 'everyday' cars as a leather lsp? (Leather will be cleaned with OPT PC diluted down)

Thanks gang!

2. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

optimum protectant plus is super slick. i cut it 50/50 with water and use it on gauge faces and plastics also.

imo the protectant plus is more durable.

i have not used 303 on leather, but have used it on tires. i don't think there is a problem with doing it, but something about 303 keeps me from applying it to leather.

3. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

Thanks for the thoughts! Yea, I realize it seems a bit strange to use 303 on leather, but I figure since most leather comes from the factory with some type of poly- coating, whatever you slap on it is really just going to sit on top. Because of that, it should not be greasy or super shiny (303 meets these criterion). Also, I'm not planning on using 303 on really high end leather; but I am comfortable using it on everyday cars.

Any other thoughts out there?

4. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

I like 303 on boat seats and that's about all. I feel your pain with all the choices and trying to find 1 good one. I recently tried Optimum Protectant and I have to say it's the best I've used. I gave about a dozen half used trim sprays and leather stuff away to my friends - just didn't measure up to Optimum and I wanted to clean off my shelf. Get the gallon size, you will not be sorry!

5. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

Thanks, that is exactly the kind of info I am looking for to make my decision.

Anybody else?

6. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

it is very good on furniture, sinks etc.... I find that I use it inside the house more and more. I have a gallon my father bought me thinking that it was a gallon of ocw. I like it too much to trade it though.

7. bakchoi

bakchoi Birth of a Detailer

i think 303 on leather will give it a dark look instead of matte finish that most prefer on leather. i used 303 on a lexus dash and it made the dash so dark. currently i'm using 1z vinyl care but I also want to try out the OPT Protectant because I saw some comparision pics online and OPT Protectant made it look very close to a no finish look, not very noticeable and that's what i'm looking for.

8. senz

senz Virgin Detailer

9. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I have not used 303 on a dash in several years but did not realize how much it darkened compared to others. I just though 303 can have an uneven appearance on some plastics.

10. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

11. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I use it on my leather but after I clean and feed them. I then apply 303 protectant to help out a bit more with protection, then let it sit for an hour then come back over it a dry microfiber to pick up the excess thats left over.

12. richy

richy Guest

I use 303AP on leather with no problem. 303 does NOT recommend using their FG on leather but they do recommend AP on leather. I apply it like Danny does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk