Opinions before I order..

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by onebaucom, Dec 27, 2011.

1. onebaucom

onebaucom Birth of a Detailer

Thinking about ordering Prima Swirl, Menzerna PO85RD, and Menzerna PO106FA for correction. Does that combination of polishes sound good for tackling a decent amount of swirls? Please, if you add one polish then take away one of the others. I only have so much money to spend and cannot be going crazy with spending lol.

Also, I am ordering uber pads kits (5.5 & 4 inch) for the porter cable. Which colors should I get to go with which polishes? I don't need the wax/sealant pad because all the waxes I have will be hand applied.

If it helps any, I will be working on a 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited for the paint correction. After the correction, it will get body wrap, glass guard, and some other stuff lol. I'll probably be working on some other cars as well, but the customers only want a one step polish.

Thanks for the help! :thumb::thumb:

2. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

For one steps I use Uber green or blue based on how hard or soft the paint is.

3. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

I would say that po106fa finishes as nicely as 85rd, and has a moderate amount of cut, so trade the 85rd with something like m105 (in the event that you need some more intense correction).

4. onebaucom

Thanks for the couple of responses. Yeah, I was trying to decide if I should really get both the po106fa and 85rd since they are finishing polishes. I've just read really great reviews on both so I couldn't decide which one. Which pad would you recommend using with the m105? I've been doing a lot of research, but I'm still somewhat of a newb so if it's a dumb question, I apologize lol. Keep the opinions coming guys! :)

5. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

If you are looking at some paint correction, I would get power finish or SIP and pair it with at least a light cutting pad like LC orange or uber yellow. My choice will be swap 85rd for SIP.

6. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

alot of people use 85rd for jeweling paint.

PO106FA (Super Finish) has cut of 2.5 out of 5 and gloss of 5 out of 5
    PO85RD (Final Polish) has cut of 1 out of 5 and gloss of 5 out of 5

as mentioned, get rid of one of them for either SIP (PO83) or even Power Gloss (POS34A), Power Gloss is Menzerna's highest cutting product.

all above info is according to the Menzerna product chart.

7. onebaucom

Yeah, I have the chart saved on my computer. It sounds like I'll be needing to get rid of 85rd then lol.

8. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

Might I recommend the Meguiars DA MF correction system. I fell in love with!

9. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

Agreed. First time user this weekend on the dolphin grey S4 I just got. This product is great. I used the 300a with cutting pad followed by menz pf and green pad. So easy to use.

10. onebaucom

Any other opinions?
    Haha I should have gotten a light colored vehicle instead of a dark blue so it would be harder to see the swirls! Dang it!

Thanks for the help so far guys!