One step polish........?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Rustbucket, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Birth of a Detailer

What Menzerna polish and pad would you recomend for a one step polish?:shead:

This would be for some swirls and minor scratches.

2. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

106 ff and a white country white pad does an awesome job and finishes down perfectly. ready for wax!!

3. Nica

Nica Banned

I've been very pleased with 85RD3.02 with a Meg's Polishing pad and rotary at about 1500rpm.

This combo has come in quite handy on several vehicles and has shocked on many vehicles. Depending on what your trying to correct additional passes may be required but it will get the job done and finish LSP ready.

Just my :2cents: though.

4. jshillin

jshillin Birth of a Detailer

Why not try a true 1 step like poli-seal???

5. mShu7

mShu7 Birth of a Detailer

+2 on the PS!

6. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

106 with some 501 is a GREAT AIO one step... pad usage really depends on the paint and machine being used....

7. Rustbucket

Thanks Nica, which Megs pad though?

8. Rustbucket

Great, dont know the product though, is it a proper polish or just a filler?

9. Rustbucket

Forgot to mention that, just bought the machine. Its a rotory with the variable speed.

10. mShu7

No fillers. It cleans, corrects (half the cut of OP), and seals. A little goes a long way. PS melts into the paint so there's virtually nothing to buff off.

Optimum Polish

11. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

In that case for most paints that just have mild swirlies go with a white pad...

12. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Megs #66.... but no one will agree with me

13. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Awww:itsok::lol2:

14. Woob

Woob Jedi Nuba

+1. I disagree with many people who say it fills, just because it disappears doesnt mean it's nature is to cover swirls/scratches.

15. mShu7

Another thing that confuses people is they think that when it disappears, they need more product which is incorrect. As long as the pad is gliding over the paint, it's working. Less is more with PS.

16. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

OH..I wholly agree..#66 is a super product....for a one stepper before a wax topper it is superb...I use 66 alot on boats that get a waxing and have been very happy with it for years...does nice correction and leaves a wet deep look...it does take a bit to learn it...once learned it's real nice..on paint it is great...use with a Megs polishing pad work s super...

Also my mix of DG 501 with 106Ff works great also ..you get a serious paint cleaning and a added abrasive to burnish the paint to a high gloss...and also does correction on a medium level...for paint that's not bad I use a mix of 501 and Po85RD and it brings it up real nice...

As Nica stated in his post ..the Megs pads work super..my two favorites are LC and megs...

AL

17. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

CG AIO Polish + Sealant, finishes down so nicely.

18. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

I can't believe I forgot to give you your "props" on this concoction.. It really is a kick arse little combo... Thanks for passing this along to me (seems like so long ago)!

19. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Jason...no problem...lol....I have a ton of mixes I try out..just do not release them till I know they work....and are proven...

But that combo is killer on paint....

AL

20. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

You are correct Sir.. that combo is something to behold!