One Of The First 05 GT's Made

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Asphalt Rocket, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

This is one of the first 05 GT's made. The owner paid a good amount to get this car then proceeded to just wash it and then dry it with a rag. Needles to say it showed. Once again it was washed, clayed, and paint corrected using the DN method with the following products-Pads:wool, Kompressor and CCS. Compound/Polish:M105, M205and Ultrafina. Lsp was Wolfgang sealant.
    The following pics are of the swirls, scratches, holograms, and acid I had to deal with.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The next few pics are after using M105/wool and M205/Kompressor pad, the haze is from the 205 I missed wiping before the pic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The next pics are after final polishing with Ultrafina and lsp applied.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

wow, that black looks stunning! awesome work! :applause2:

3. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Damn. Fantastic turnaround!

I guess the owner was pretty beside himself when he saw it?

4. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Thank You.

Thank You. He was more than pleased, he gave me a 100.00 tip on top of the large bill he recieved. I have his red GT500 to post also. Needless to say Phil and I got him hooked up with a wash kit and then we had a little washing class-lol.

5. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Looks great Dana!!
    Whats this D.N. method?????

6. Great work Dana. That paint is flawless.

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I got excited, thinking it was going to be a Ford GT!

Very nice work regardless...

8. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Great work on that Mustang. Damn Heath I told you I thought you had the best looking black Mustang but now I think you have some competition. Love the way you can work the M105 Dana and always love seeing one of my favs, Ultrafina, being put to good use.

9. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Looks great... just a question, but what about your process would take month or whatever to write up?

10. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Dude if you knew Asphalt and downloading pictures you would know why!! LOL! This is one guy you will NEVER EVER NEVER EVER have to worry about doctoring pics, well at least not until we get him downloading them easier!!

11. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Wow, amazing work Dana.

12. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Thanks Heath, I answered your question in the 900hp thread.:thumb:

Thank You Josh, he wanted it to look like my Vette and that is what he got and paid dearly for it, but he was more than happy. He owns a red GT500 I need to post.

Thank You, P1et, you are right about the heading, need to change it. I do have a red Ford GT I am working on. Hopefully that will make up for busting your bubble with the heading of this one.

Thanks alot JL, I was giving Heath grief also. I told you, you need to get up here and I will show you how to do the 105/wool per DN method and no holograms. Get up here and help me with two vettes that are swriled to hell and back.

Thanks Dust, are you talking about me posting this or the DN method?

Isn't that the truth, my camera consultant, if it isn't making me money it is put on back burner, but slowly you aregetting me to take the training wheels off the camera.

Thanks Jordan, this one has ALOT of time in it. All I can say is I am glad I didn't have the roof to do.

13. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Another awesome job

14. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

looks ggod. thanks for sharing.

15. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Sorry, about the DN method

16. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

Looks great!! I have not seen Ronal wheels in forever.

17. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

That's the old school way, Awesome correction work and great finish to top it off!:thumb:

18. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Thany You Sal.

Thank You.

No need to be sorry, it is just the way I burnish the compound/polish. I thnk it would having people shaking their head.

Thanks, Hermann and I are trying to get him to change the wheels, plus they are a bitch to clean.

Thanks Angelo, old school way is the only way to work polish.:thumb:

19. Harleyguy

Harleyguy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Now that's how you use a rotary !!! Only thing left now is to teach us less fortunate guys the DN method

20. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Thanks Adam, it is an awesome method once it is learned and it doesn't tear up your equipment either.