Older tub of Auto Balm is differently colored

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by krshultz, Feb 14, 2010.

1. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

(Cross-posted from dw.co.uk)

Hi gang,

I recently picked up a second tub of Auto Balm in a trade. The new (to me) tub of AB is a fair bit newer than the old one I've had for a while now. When I got the new one home, I was going to consolidate their contents into a single tub. When I went to do so, I couldn't help notice that my older tub was a different color, and even a different consistency than the newer one. So, my questions:

1. Is there anything wrong with the older one?
    2. Can I safely mix the two of them together?

Below is a picture. On the left is the old tub, which is a paler color, and the balm seems a bit more dry. On the right is the newer tub:

[​IMG]

Anyone else using Auto Balm found something similar?

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

That is how it came to me from Ben when I got it over the summer. I always thought it was suppose to look like that. Never seen AB like the older one you have. Hmmm....:shead:

Just to note also, it was always stored inside my apartment with all my other wax's.

3. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Yeah, the older one looks different from others I've seen. I just never noticed it until I had the two together side by side.

Still haven't decided between BHAB and AGHD for the S2000. It's in the garage having just been jewelled. It looks GOOD. :lol:

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I'm telling ya, put some BHAB on the fenders to give it some accent, and some AGHD on the flat panels. Maybe a little RBOE around the bottom edges to give it some depth/wetness from below. Its like a painting HAHA

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Hey Karl. I've never seen AB look like your older one either. All mine have looked like your newer one. I say tape right down the middle of your car. I do it on clients cars for testing new products for durability. :)

6. Rubbish Boy

Rubbish Boy DB Certified Dealer

Karl, I think your older tub is just an older recipe. My own tub, which is older than yours is the same as your older one. All the newer tubs are like the newer one you have. So nothing to worry about, but not sure about combining them.

7. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Great Ben, thanks for that. I'll hold the older tub aside for smaller bits, since it had gotten a little harder to get an applicator down into there.

8. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Just another confirmation that it is just a new formula. I got BHAB when it first came out and my tub looks like yours. I haven't tried the new stuff yet, let us know if there are any differences, easier to apply, etc.

9. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I just shot BH an email and asked them directly. I'll let you all know what they have to say.