Offset Detailing Essex: Brand New MY15 Nissan GTR Paint Protection Detail

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Offset Detailing, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Offset Detailing

Offset Detailing New Member

[​IMG]

Check us out on Facebook [​IMG]

Hello, my name is Daryl and I run Offset Detailing, a car detailing service based just outside of Rayleigh, Essex. I have won many awards throughout the years with my own cars in the VW show scene and thoroughly enjoy all aspects of the automotive world as well as motorsport and classic vehicles.

At Offset Detailing, our services range from full paint correction, paint enhancement, new car details, show car/concourse preparation to a simple full wash and sealant.

Wheel refurbishment is also available on site.

We are also mobile within the Essex, London, Kent and Surrey areas.

Offset Detailing offer highly professional service with car detailing options for all budgets.

You can check my website
    here.

After the Mini detail (thread here), I was really looking forward to going back to a previous customers home where I worked on his very rare Porsche 996 GT3 RS (white with blue details). You can view that work on the thread here.

He had just picked up this incredible MY15 Nissan GTR in gunmetal grey and had hardly done any miles. I hadn't worked on a GTR before and hopefully down the line I'll be getting my hands on one! For now though it was a good excuse to really get to know the car inside and out with it's owner booking a paint protection detail.

A full wash down, decontamination and clay was carried out using CarChem and Auto Finesse products, pat dried and brought inside. With the sun beaming down on us (naturally the GTR was washed in the shade to prevent drying out), The GT3 RS was awoken and two see these two idling side by side was absolutely great - I didn't even take a picture I was that in awe haha!

Anyway, with the GTR sitting in the GT3's lair, a full IPA wipedown followed with two coats of Gtechniq Exo applied to the paintwork and shuts with Gtechniq C2V3 on top of that. Gtechniq also applied to glass, with Sonax NPT for trim, wheels, calipers and exhausts. Serious protection for a supercar slayer!

The following day the GTR went up to Litchfields to have a full Akrapovic exhaust and remap carried out.

Onto the pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Foam time!
    [​IMG]

Much better.
    [​IMG]

Exo ready to rock.
    [​IMG]

Making my way around the car - paint like glass.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flake popping through.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]