OBSSSSD Satin Wheel Dressing

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by GloomyX, Jun 30, 2016.

1. GloomyX

GloomyX Birth of a Detailer

Finally got around to write a review for a couple OBSSSSD products I got from Auto Obsessed. This review is dedicated for their wheel cleaner.

OBSSSSD Tire Satin

Product Description: (Auto Obsessed)

This product is ECO Friendly, Bio-degradable, and VOC compliant.

[​IMG]

Handling:

Distinctive but typical exterior dressing smell. Just like other OBSSSSD products, the handle and the trigger was a pleasure to use.

Usage:

The tires were just like the wheels. Extremely filthy and was caked with petroleum based tire dressing.
    This is what the tires looked like while scrubbing them!!

[​IMG]

Tools:

- Frank Scrub Brush
    - Curved foam applicator from Daiso
    - Zepp's Purple Degreaser

Direction:

As per Auto Obsessed
    1. Spray a small amount of OBSSSSD™ Tire Satin to an applicator or brush.
    2. Evenly apply OBSSSSD™ Tire Satin across the surface of the tire.
    3. Allow product to soak into tire or remove any excess product with a microfiber cloth.

Performance with A/B Comparison:

"A little goes a long way" - A common quote from any experienced detailer

Apply a thin layer. Let the product absorb. Apply additional layers as need to achieve desired shine.

Immediately after applied (Only one layer was applied)
    [​IMG]

After 3 minutes
    [​IMG]

Barely any difference after 3 minutes!

Costs per Application:
    I ran into an issue where the product was quickly absorbed by the foam applicator and was running down my hand. But I believe using a denser and less airy foam applicator or if the product was slightly thicker will make this product even easier to use!!

Overall, I applied about 5 squirts onto the applicator. Just enough to cover the width of the sidewall. Felt like I barely used any but with the adjustment, I probably can get away with 3 squirts per tire. A bottle will definitely last quite a while.

Conclusion:
    For the past few years, I've been using this special tire dressing concoction from Autowerkes Exclusive. But I think I found a replacement product! I can easily tailor the shine to my liking by applying multiple layers. Also, since it is a water-based product, it'll be easy to wash off without having to scrub. More importantly, it won't fling off the tires like petroleum based products!!

Pros:
    - Great handle and trigger design
    - Deep low gloss
    - Easily tailor the shine to one's liking

Cons:
    - Slightly watery/runny on the consistency

2. The Guz

The Guz Member

Would like to have seen it without the tape to get a better picture of how it looks.

3. GloomyX

GloomyX Birth of a Detailer

I shall keep that in mind for the next wash.