NY's Dumbest; NYC sanitation workers destroy a For

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by wagonproject, Dec 27, 2010.

1. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

2. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

I drove from MD to NYC today....snowed pretty bad in northern NJ/NY. I feel bad for my car....I hope the button bumper is ok....

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That is unreal, the sheer disregard of property these days...

4. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

people lack respect for property that isn't theres. It's pretty sad to see that situation unfold the way that it did. Granted i have personally never drove in the snow i know it can be difficult but i'm sure there were other precautionary measures that could have been taken to prevent such a turnout.

Pure Idiots. So was that filmed by the poriginal thread poster?

Nice work.

5. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

what a joke. its times like this that suing people makes you feel great.

6. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

this what happens when their hire dubmasses without passing common sense test. maybe there should be some kinda test like that. i would sue them just becouse of stupidity and make them replace the car and put it on News channel

7. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

leaving aside what's been said about disregard for respect and lack of common sense..t i did notice something.

the guy filming sounded really reallt tough...from his bedroom 5 stories up in his underwear.i dont care whos car it is, if the city start doing shit like this around m y block, ill be the first one out to hand him a personal physical correction. It actually came very close once with my RX7. But i wont get into details.

this video was pure absrdity, should be in the "looking to get angry over something you can't control" section, lol.

8. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

There is NO excuse for that type of behavior. This video was even on the Today Show today.

9. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

It's so sad to see stupid like that on the roads. They should know better.

10. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

I operate a loader almost everyday and I cant even begin to tell you how hard it is to get one stuck in a spot like that.:shead: Like Misha said,you hire dumbasses you get dumbass results.

11. Dannyk

Dannyk Jedi Nuba

How often i've said to myself while driving where i wish i had a camera to show people the reality of a situation to prove a point. As a truck driver for a living, this is unreal, been in enough awkward spots, and you learn to think things out, which wasn't done here. Just plain awful.

12. Bmer89

Bmer89 DB Forum Supporter

Yeah smash that ford!!! Oh wait...

You idiot!!!! What a terrible thing to do!!! Usual city worker...

13. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

im sure that guy got some money for the video. that worker probably is fired now and company is not looking at its best because of this. maybe they will learn who they hire.

from looks of it, guy didnt even gave a shit if that car was hit or not

14. wagonproject

wagonproject Jedi Nuba

15. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I think a couple of idiots just fired themselves...now they just need to be kicked in the balls (literally) with a steel toe shoe...that should minimize chances of having more idiots like them popping out...

16. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

17. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Who cares, the vehicle belongs to the city. They had to get the loader out somehow...granted a fair amount of damage came from stupidity, there was just no way they were going to get the loader out without damaging the vehicle. Sanitation's insurance will cover the repairs.

18. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Emile - I hear what your'e saying but there is no valid excuse for total stupidity

19. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

The taxpayer cares. There is no excuse for destroying an SUV because you couldn't think of a safer way to get your loader unstuck.

If there was no other way to get the loader out, then how about using that giant tow truck to tow both of the vehicles out of the way, THEN try to tow out the loader. Might have taken a bit of extra time, but saved a lot of embarrasment and negative publicity.

20. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Piet, I see what you are saying but I think there was just no other way to pull the loader out. Tow hitch is in the back, the street was narrow with cars on both sides, and the tow truck didn't have the traction to pull the loader out on its own.

The operator of the loader was doing the right thing by wiggling left and right to help get unstuck but the poor Explorer was at the mercy of all that.

Legally, I don't think NYC sanitation or the tow truck have the right to just move parked cars around while they are plowing and towing and stuff, and the priority was to get the loader out so it can go back to cleaning up the snow.

I think the damage was excessive and both drivers could have been more careful to minimize the damage, but after the loader got out at least nobody was hurt, and insurance will sort out the damages and stuff.