Nuba Over A Sealent?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by DieselMDX, Dec 19, 2007.

1. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

I have a 2006 Acura Mdx Silver right now with zaino z5/z2/cs topped with pinnacle souveran/zymol EG. Do you think i will have a better shine/depth/wetness from the nuba by removing all prior products before applying Swissvax concourso?

People often top a sealent with nuba but in some vehicles I think you are not getting the most from a high nuba by not using it on fresh paint.

2. DieselMDX

SOB the title of this thread is all messed up.

can a mod please fix it to

Nuba Over A Sealent?

3. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I see you got my response on Autopia. :thumb:

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Is that better :missy:

5. DieselMDX

thanx D

thanx Nica!

wanted to get evryone involved on both forums so i posted on here and detailing world

6. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

I guess my only thought is.... Your car is silver. How good can it look?

I have a Silver Audi. Don't get me wrong, I love silver, but it can only look so good.

The bonus of silver, is it never looks really dirty. The down side is it never looks really spectacular.

7. DieselMDX

you know what that is a good saying i have a mdx a buddy of mine has a ridgeline i have all these products and he just has aqua wax and yeah his car looks good but considering i have had everyhting under the sun on my truck it only looks marginally better than his.

Only thing i can see is depth of shine and wetness the gloss is almost the same

sorta sux huh?

8. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

it's disapointing... after putting a couple dozen hours into my car... it looks marginally nicer... :)

Oh well, I can still look at the sun in the reflection and see no swirls, so I know the paint is near perfect.

I get my kicks off of detailing other peoples cars.

9. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

it all depends the wax, i personal would never anything under an esate glaze. EG are known for there optical appearence, poutting something uner it IMO would distort that and chnage what you paid for. However there are some waxes susch as pinnnacl sov, gold class, ext, that i dont feel are strong enough waxes on there own to justify this,.. so i think it all comes downt o whichi wax and sealent combo you are using

10. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

I guess it all depends on your taste; but as a whole most high end waxes aren't going to show their full potential over a sealant.To be fair though, we did my truck with jetseal 109 the other night and just weren't satisfied with the results; so I ended up throwing something special on it. Needless to say, the wax looks nothing close to it's full potential, but it did give it a nice little extra something.

11. Nica

Nica Banned

With regards to the colour silver, one of my vehicles is silver and after putting a nice coat of wax on it i really like how it high lights the curves and edges of the vehicle.

I never liked silver but my wife opened my eyes to it, any who I think that even silver can get nice depth to it. I've used Victoria Collector (the yellow one) on my silver SUV and I was quite pleased with it...I've used several nuba wax on it and I really enjoy how it seems to add some depth to the silver...no yes no where near as much as a black/dark colour vehicle but still some. Now I have also applied a coat of Wolf Gang sealant and I like Wolfgang it added a bit of depth and gave it a nice glossy apperance, then a layer of Pinnacle Souveran and it looked okay but I perfer the wax look better...but that's just my :2cents: on this :peace:

12. Grouse

Grouse DB Forum Supporter

I used to put carnauba over all of my sealants. specifically sw onyx, cg 5050, pb nattys blue/white depending on the car.

I have found that 1z glanz gives me 90% of the look and 100% of the protection. in one step. On super soft cars the less i touch it the better.