Not My Review of the Meguiars Microfiber System

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by rfinkle2, Feb 16, 2011.

1. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

Alas,
    Many of you already know my opinions :shakehead: ...attached is a link to "Rasky's" review and pictures of the new Meguiar's MF polishing system.

moderators: please remove link to another site if you feel it necessary.

I removed the link myself... because I thought it (the link) wasn't necessary ...you can find it if you look @ some of the other detailing forums I'm sure.

2. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

Whats wrong with sharing a first take on a new product? Its not like its going to make us join there...

3. rfinkle2

oh i know... i edited myself. i just thought it may be considered advertising if i were to link to it.

it is username rasky's review and not my own anyway. I've never used the product, but speculated on it a while ago.

pm me for the link if you can't find the review.

4. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

looks cool!!!

but I got too many uber pads I still haven't used to their full potential yet. before I go Detailing shopping for the next best thing again, its best to use up what I got. I had to learn that the hard way. if I keep jumping for the newest products out w/o clearing my old stock...I won't get far in this game.

5. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

the system is offcially out ... finally!!

6. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

pretty happy with ubers and surbuffs as well..........

Rob send me a link to what you are talking about, i cant find it on megs site.

7. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

8. rfinkle2

9. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

What's the big deal about this sh!t, surbuf have been selling these pads for ages

The last thread went downhill fast and now you removed the links

Seriously, you're not linking to obama's hypothetical American birth certificate

Emile thanks for the vid link

10. rfinkle2

i have the birth certificate too. if you want it pm me. on a more serious note, just trying to play by the rules. the reviews are on autogeek.

and my speculation thread...http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/compound-polishing/25355-given-all-hype.htm

i already was argued with for 3+pages for speculating so i was trying to keep a low profile. lol

11. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

12. domino

Ppl just need to harden up

Btw I have the certificate too, but it's from Kenya :shead:

13. domino

to me they look more like the 'microfibre fingers' of the surbuf pads

14. rfinkle2

15. rfinkle2

i don't usually double post but you have got to be kidding auto concierge.that system is no different except their "system" smells like roses or some crap.

16. Greg Nichols

Greg Nichols Birth of a Detailer

The idea you share rfinkle2 is very different than the MF system. The backing pad is different, the MF cloth on EACH pad is different.

While this system is NOT a holy grail, it is a system that works very well........weekend warriors, car dealers, and auction houses can now get pretty darn good results.

Sorry you feel informed when in actuality you haven't even used the system yet.

Cheers,
    GREG

17. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

any feedback from those that bave beta tested this system yet?

i have a few questions about it after watching the video and not really looking into this product at all til this point:

it seems to me they are pretty much claiming that their correction compound and cutting MF pad can be used as a TOTAL one step system. am i getting this right? or is the finishing wax actually a finishing polish? im guessing its just an LSP product, which is what brings me to my next question.....does it require any kind of finishing to achieve a hologram free finish?

the reason this appeals to me big time is that about half or more of my customers are interested in paint correction, but dont want to pay me hourly to do it properly, which we all know takes time, and ends up costing the customer bigger money. i mean one solution is obviously using a DA and something like powerfinish with the appropriate pad, but this system SEEMS (in theory) to be along the same lines, if not quicker or more effective. hypothetically, i could do a "quick" correction on a customers car that wants the paint amped up, but cant or doesnt want to spend the money on a thorough multi-stage correction.

18. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

It is not and is not meant to be a one step system. The system consists of a cutting pad with compound and a finishing pad with finishing polish/LSP. You can theoretically use the finishing pad with the compound and vice versa, but it was developed as a two step system. Want a one step? DA / B&S Yellow / Power Finish.

19. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

When speaking in the first person(Yourself), please use the upper case on the (i) as in" I think I could not use a bigger size font to make myself look like the fool that I am".

Your PM to me meant nothing.....as (I) knew who you are/were the first go around. Time to S2(For those who have not heard this Military jargon it is defined as "Sit down and shut the **** up"). We all know now that you have a hard-on for the microfiber bonnet which a lot have us have used a longtime ago(In my case 2003) and is sold a various detailing sites, what I cannot understand is how you continue to bash products/system you have not used..............ever.

The only thing more annoying is reading your uninformed/baseless posts over and over again. Time to buy the gear and use it, then if you feel the same way you can bash away to your hearts content, but until then be quiet.......enough.

20. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

B&S Yellow ?