noob question about m105 and pads

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Ralf, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Ralf

Ralf Virgin Detailer

I have some m105 brand new and i havent used it yet, i only have the Adams pads, (green, orange, and white) is the m105 ok to use with the orange adams pad? i was also considering giving the Uber buff pads a try, but if i get those pads, can i still use the back plate i got with my pc Adams kit? also what would be a good finishing polish after the m105? i have the fine machine polish but i am just searching around for more info on the finishing polishes. thanks in advance sorry i am new at anything that isnt Adams :worship2:

2. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

M105 and the Adam's orange pads will provide plenty of cut. Didn't know they had a green pad. Not sure if that would fall in between the orange and white pad as far as cut. Using Adam's Fine Machine polish with the Adam's white pad after the M105 is a good follow up. If it isn't enough to remove any marring/haze left from the M105/orange pad then use M105 again with the white pad to refine the finish a bit more then try the Adam's Fine Machine polish again. You already have the correct pads and polishes to make it work.

As far as other finishing polishes some of the most popular ones are:

Megs M205
    Menzerna PO106/SF4000 85RE/SF4500
    Optimum Polish/Final Polish

I have been trying the Wolf's polishes lately and like them. I am seeing more and more detail write ups where the Sonax polishes are being used. Scholl's is popular in Europe but not sure where you can get them in North America.

3. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

4. Ralf

Ralf Virgin Detailer

ok guys cool thanks for the info! also with the 105, do you prime the pad with 3-5 small drops, detail spray, then every panel following that, add a few drops and detail spray and continue? also with those finishing polishes can i use the white adams pad? i will pick some up when i am done with my fine machine polish but just for future reference.

5. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

If I use foam pads I use a little detail spray and 3 pea size drops. Just make sure you don't use to much polish it will gunk up. I change pads every two panels but everyone is different.

6. InsanePaint

InsanePaint Pro Detailer

I've used the M105 with both the orange pad AND green pad from Adams. Yields about the same results I've found. And yes, plenty of cut. I follow up with Adams FMP & white pad like usual. PHENOMENAL results with this combo. :) :)

7. Ralf

Ralf Virgin Detailer

Alrighty brotha thanks for that info, I am gonna do another Audi and i need sometging with a lot more cut than the swirl and haze or severe swirl has to offer haha

8. WashMe

WashMe DB Forum Supporter

My favorite combo to use with m105 is a surbuf pad, when doing a 2step I usually finish it off with m205 and a uber blue pad.