Noob Flex user needing help

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by minorc, Jul 4, 2011.

1. minorc

minorc Two Bucket System Washer

Hello all,

I recently upgraded from the PC7424 unit to the Flex 3401 DA polisher. Now what I have noticed, maybe I'm not using enough polish or its breaking down / drying very fast but when I try to polish a panel; (lets say, 1/3 of the trunk), after a few passes top down then right to left the machine really tries to get away from me, it wants to go in its own direction which makes it hard for me to control and polish.

I was polishing my 2007 Subaru wrx, using Lake country Green pad 6.5" with M205.

Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

what kind of environment condition are you. if its drying to white looking powder then your humidity might be low. are you in garage or under sun. if you using green pad and 205 then its most likely environmental problems because that combo is very easy to work with. i have same machine and its pretty easy to use. but im using it with 5.5 pads

3. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

Compared to the PC, the Flex is a bit more user demanding, but I echo Misha's thoughts concerning a dry pad.

I like to work with a mister bottle of distilled water when I'm polishing, no matter what machine, pads or polish I'm using.

4. minorc

I was polishing yesterday in the shade, it was +25c. My pads were primed, I felt like I was using a sufficient amount of polish, I had a squirt bottle of distilled water that I would spray on the pad when it got a little out of control.

5. minorc

It was turning into white powder after a little while of polishing, I just figured it was polish dusting.

I have 5.5" pads aswell, I could try those and see if it handles any better