No detailing for me for a while...

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by jshillin, Feb 28, 2008.

1. jshillin

jshillin Birth of a Detailer

I had ankle surgery yesterday(27th) and now I can't sleep at all... I seriously sprained my ankle back in November and went though PT and everything else and it never got better. Shot it up with cortizone and yhey finally got the swelling down enough and ran some test on it and found that I had what the doc referred to as an unstable ankle. It had more than 8 degrees of play in it. So I went in and had ankle reconstruction surgery yeterday, he said some ligaments for tore and started healing back incorrectly. He had to go in cut some stuff and sew it back together. I can't sleep at all, just keep eating Oxycodone's to dull the pain, but they make me itch like crazy. The doc said I'll be stuck in a cast for about 2 months, then I'll have to go back through lots of PT.

So everybody needs to post lots of pics of details and new products reviews to give me something to look at while I'm stuck not being able to do anything!!!

Thanks guys!!

- Jason

2. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Hey Jason sorry to hear you are down for the count for a bit...

Hopefully the pain becomes more manageble!

Take it easy!

3. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Jason..I feel your pain....I broke the same ankle 3 times in 18 months...I still have my bad days with it..they wanted to cut it and wire it up inside..but I opted not to...I am just careful now..if I just roll my ankle the wrong way it swells and painful...just relax and let it heal..

Al

4. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

Jason, Sorry to hear about that. Hope you heal up quick.

5. mShu7

mShu7 Birth of a Detailer

Sorry to hear about your misfortunte Jason! Hopefully, all of us here can keep you entertained while you're recovering. Having had 3 back surgeries, and a 4th needed sometime in the next year, I know how ya feel. Just make sure you give your ankle plenty of rest. You don't want to re-injure it and have to delay the detailing.

Good luck!

6. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Jason,
    Take some Claritan or some Benedryl to help with the itching. I was on that after my gall bladder removal a couple months ago. I told my doc I was having the same problem. Thats what he recommended doing.
    Get to feelin better fella.

Heath

7. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Jason,
    Please take it easy!! Best of luck in the recovery process!!! :thumb: I agree with Cooter, just make sure you talk to your Dr. and let him know the reaction you are having!
    Tonya

8. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Put some of that Zymol Carbon on it..

9. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Hope you get better soon, no one can stay away from detailing for too long!!!

10. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Here's to a speedy recovery bro and hope you are back detailing before you know it.

11. Nica

Nica Banned

No, no, no :shakehead: you got it wrong put some Vintage, Vintage heals all :thumb:

Isn't that right Calgary :fs:

All joking a side, wish you the best jshillin hope the recovery goes well :hug:

12. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

:lol2: Ha, wouldn't expect anything less out of you, Phil!

Take it easy, Jason. I sprained an ankle back in grade school and the thing still acts up on me. Take the rest of the winter to heal up and you'll be a detailin' fool again come spring/summer.

13. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I hope the recovery goes well and is quick so you can get back to detailing :D

14. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I hope you get a quick recovery, and hopefully the pain goes away all together soon.

15. jshillin

jshillin Birth of a Detailer

Thanks for the kind words guys!!! Still eating oxycodone's every 4 hours. I actually slept a bit better last night. It sucks sleeping on the couch, but I'm not up for climbing steps quite yet!!