Nitro Seal review

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by fech, Aug 11, 2013.

1. fech

fech Birth of a Detailer

Product review: HD Nitro Seal

I was part of a great promotion to review products for 3D Car Care Products. My first review would be on the HD Nitro Seal.

Description: HD Nitro Seal is a revolutionary two part copolymer paint sealant system that is designed to be used by everyone who owns a vehicle. It is easily applied by hand; so anyone can do it.

No need for endless manuals, polishers, or equipment. HD Nitro Seal will make your car look newer than when you bought it.

This two part process is the first of its kind. HD Nitro Seal activates its brilliance when you blend Part A and Part B(patent pending). on the surface of the automobile. Each bottle is topped off with nitrogen gas to ensure longevity of the shelf life and deliver spectacular results.

Part A is an aminofunctional fluid group and Part B is a hybrid Montan wax composite. Part A provides excellent surface affinity and spreadability through its incredible wetting feature (that’s why a little goes a long way), thus anchoring the product to the car paint.

Price: Around $60.00

Review:
    I have to admit, when I received my package in the mail, I was a bit skeptical on, not how well it would work, ( All HD products I have used have been great) but was it worth the price. It is advertised to last up to a year given proper conditions but at two cars a package, that comes out to $30 dollars a car. Well lets see what this bad boy does.

In the box: Two applicators, a micro fiber towel, and the two part system.

[​IMG]
    Directions:
    Apply a few drops of Part A to the provided Black Applicator. (A little goes a long way; do not over saturate the pad). Rub in Part A, until you return to your starting point.

This was the hardest part of the application for me. The bottle doesn’t help at all with pouring just a little bit out of it since the consistency is like water. If I had any suggestions, it would be to come with a syringe of some sort so that you don’t waste so much product. After putting it on the side of the car, I noticed, 1: it dries very fast. 2: it gives the look like you put alcohol all over your car. But after getting the amount on the applicator down, it went on smooth and easy.

Wait 5-10 minutes before applying Part B. Part A does not need to dry completely before you begin Part B’s application. The matt hazy appearance and wet patches are normal. DO NOT BUFF OFF, YET!!!

Here are the hazy spots they are talking about.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Return to your original starting point and begin applying Part B by placing a few drops onto the provided Red Applicator and rub in again until you complete the entire vehicle.

Instead of using the applicator, I decided to go with a machine to put it on. I used the rupes on 1 with the cobra red pad. This went on very easy and reminded me of putting on a sealant like four star.

[​IMG]
    Allow for Part A and B to react and create cross linking for at least 30 minutes.

I let it sit for three hours

Buff off the vehicle with the provided microfiber towel to an amazing shine!
    Boy, they weren’t lying about the shine! The car looks amazing. Here’s a few pics of the finished product.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My little girl likes it. That spot is on the camera btw.

Pros
    1) Goes on incredibly easy and buffs off just as easily
    2) Comes with everything you need to do the job.
    3) Did I mention the shine?

Cons
    1) Part a does not pour well. They should include a syringe so that you don’t waste so much product
    2) While not bad, the towel is not the greatest. But it comes with the kit, so you can just use another one if you want to.

All in all, I really liked this product. Obviously, I couldn’t check the durability of it but everything else was great. The shine is just phenomenal! I can’t state that enough. Durability would be the deciding factor as to whether I would purchase it, but if it last like it says it does, it would definitely be in my rotation from now on. Thanks for reading.

2. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Thanks for review. It costs as much as a coating, wonder if it is just as durable...

3. fech

fech Birth of a Detailer

I'll come back to this review in a while with updates on the durability.

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I was just going to say that, and sorry.... looks great, but $60.00 buys you OptiCoat, and one step. Call me lazy, but I am over the endless multiple product application to get 6 months durability. Ive tried pretty much everything out there with exception to 22PLE, and I guess I've become spoiled using OptiCoat.