Newbie help

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by MGEVOX, Sep 4, 2013.

1. MGEVOX

MGEVOX Guest

Hey guys I am new to the forum and detailing for that matter. What has inspired me is I just purchased a new Mercury Gray Evolution and want to take care of it properly I also am now inspired to fix up the old lady's car which is a Royal Blue Pearl 2008 Acura TL with a good amount of swirl and some scratches. So what I was thinking is getting the griots da 6" along with Mezerna FG400, Wolf's S&S, and Wolf's HB. Would that combo work well for her car and I shouldn't need to use the FG on my car yet right? Oh yeah I will be using the autoscrub for prep.

2. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

I would get some Meg's MF pads. For for your car if you have swirl or scratches yes you can go ahead and polish it. When it comes to polishing you should always do a test spot. Start with the least aggressive first and work your way up.

3. MGEVOX

MGEVOX Guest

Thank you for responding pure are my chemicals I am thinking about sufficient?? If so you are saying try the shine and seal first and see how it looks if it looks good throw on the hard body? And if not through on the FG, then the S&S, then the HB? So get the MF discs instead of the foam one set of cutting one set of polishing? And why? Thank you again I am a newb...

4. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

5. MGEVOX

MGEVOX Guest

So the sum of that kits parts are cheaper separately but you believe I am better off with all Mezerna and not Wolf's? And yes I read up after I asked you about the MF pads and came up with the same thing better for cutting. Thanks for all your help.