New Wheels On The GTI - Avant Garde M310

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by agpatel, Jun 23, 2012.

1. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Was not planning on getting new wheels but the tires on my stock 17" wheels where going to need replacing in about 5k miles and it seems like every time I get new tires a set of wheels comes up for sale at a great price. This time I started looking earlier and found a set that not only looks good, I think, but at a great price.

Got the wheels from PYSpeed out in CA, I talked to Bobby about them and he was nice enough to answer the numerous questions I had and concerns I had without any pressure to buy. In the end I got bought and paid for the set over the phone and the wheels where shipped out the next day.

Wheels came in fast and shipped well, 2X boxes strapped together for total of 2 packages and absolutely no marring or scratches on the finish. I went with the matte (I would call it more satin) finish to go with the overall black/red scheme and thought it would work well and I am very pleased with the results.

I am working on some center caps and dont know what I want to go with for now but hopefully finalize it this week. I ended up getting Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires 225/40/r18 for there high ratings and great all season performance and tread life. I have them at 37 PSI and seem great so far.

I did give each wheel a good coat of Opti-Coat 2.0 as well as the lug bolt heads. Dont know if I am going to get black bolts or not....I guess depending on what I do with the center caps.

For more specs on the wheels instead of pasting it here:

http://www.pyspeed.com/Avant-Garde-Audi-VW-Type-310-18-inch-Wheel-Set-p/avg-310-vw.htm

Now for the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hmm took some weight to balance them...they where road force balanced, no vibrations in the wheels...but would of liked to see much less weight needed. Dont know if it is tire or wheel...

[​IMG]

2. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Love the wheels and the fish bowl look(no tint)

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

3. dr.jay

dr.jay Birth of a Detailer

Just ordered from Bobby as well, wheels should be here the 26th. GTI looks great!! Quick question, how much OC 2.0 did you use for the 4 wheels, I have 10CC left I hope its enough

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Have tint :) but at legal limit of 35% so not much depending on the angle.

What did you get? I used about 5 mL and this was the first time using it so may of used bit too much on the first wheel or two till I got use to it.

5. kyle butler

kyle butler Birth of a Detailer

Nice mk5! I did the same with my black karthoums, turned out really nice. Everything just wipes off now with zero hassle. You'll love it!

6. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Looks really good, I love the stance on your car, what are you sitting on suspension wise?
    If I could find a buyer for my HUFFS, id definatley consider these, they look perfect on a MKV

7. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Eibach Pro-Kit (1.0 F / 1.0 R) springs. Brought it down just a bit lower then the Euro spec GTIs. I was looking at getting Huffs but could not find any for a decent price in good condition...everyone seems to curb the heck out of all the wheels I saw used.

Going to clean the tire tomorrow and throw some SV Pneu on it to finish it off.

8. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Yeah, they are hard to find, as are the Denvers. Mine are in good conditions, a bit of curbage from the previous owner.

I have H&R sport, sits a tad lower then yours.

9. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Looks great love black wheels.

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Looks awesome Ank! Your wheels are probably OK. It's the tires that cause the need for weights. No tire dressing? Hack.

11. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

Dig the new wheels!

12. SkylineRacer13

SkylineRacer13 Two Bucket System Washer

Nice choice