New Version of P21S.

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by eShine, Nov 6, 2007.

1. eShine

eShine Guest

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

interesting, i wonder how it will look
    are you goingto be carryingit chris?

3. eShine

eShine Guest

I will likely Carry it.

4. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Hey that's cool, a new wax from P21S. I wonder how good it will be..

5. eShine

eShine Guest

Current P21S Contains several waxes including Carnauba. I believe one is Beeswax. If they are simply just going to 100% carnauba for their wax and keeping the rest of the formula the same, I bet the difference is barely worth buying/trying.

6. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I hope the formula is different. It wouldn't be worth it for them to release a copy of their previous wax with the only difference being 100% carnauba wax. People would be really disappointed :p.

7. Calgarydetail

not nessicalarly. bees wax (used in the old forumula) offers little to no protection, it more or less just adds beading. If they add moe nuba the wax should protect better and last longer, this would make the p21s last longer, a big plus to many

8. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

ooooohhhh Nicaaaaaa P21S calling! hahahaha

P1et didnt you beta for P21S or am I mixed up?

9. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

i knwo that previous P21S wax had a lot of beeswax, and offered crazy water beading, but very little protection. Sounds like this new wax will be available anly at the end of November, I'm waiting to hear from others how they will like it, beacuse I have plenty of carnauba paste waxes already.

10. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

OK if that's the only way I can get it I think I'll pass, what are they giving it away in prisons.:p

11. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Yes, I did the beta testing for P21S. I received two samples: one was just like the regular P21S (smell, texture, look) and the second was quite a bit harder and more grainy.

I used it on my wife's Explorer and it's quite nice on black and lasts a considerably amount of time longer than the "old" P21S.

Now, I cannot say that the beta is 100% the same as what is being sold here, but if it is, well, I was impressed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:D I knew it was you! haha thanks for the inside line.

13. P1et

Hehehe, you know it!!!

14. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

IMO the removal of the beeswax and replacing it with more nuba sounds like a great move and something I would/will def. buy/try.

15. Nica

Nica Banned

Wicked pictures there p1et, this wax has always interested me but I keep forgetting to order it.....mmmm...yet another one to add to the collection.

I would like to fill my fridge with WAX!!!! :righton:

If anyone gets there hands on this new formula wax let us know I'd like to see some feed back on it ;)

16. P1et

Nica, you raise a good point: does wax need to be left in a fridge?

17. Calgarydetail

there are a few school of thought on this.
    Some say no, wax can be left in anyplace that is cool. You dont want it to melt or freeze.

Other says you need to keep it inthe firdge to have optimum storage temps. that way you dont gat any wax melthing no matter what.

i keep my wax (including the higher end ones like zymol concours) in my basement. It dosent feeze, it dosent melt. Its a cool basement but not freezing. Works well.
    I would say keep it in the house not the garage as it can get hot inthe summer and cold in the winter... just my opion ofcourse

18. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea I'm with Clagary on this one...the reason why I now have all my wax products in the fridge is because during the summer the basement wasent as cold and I noticed my Victoria wax's were starting to melt a bit.

So that's I took all my wax's and dumped them in the fridge...my wife bugs me...when I ask for toast, she says would you like butter or Victoria?

hahahaha

19. Calgarydetail

victoria, butteris to fattening

20. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

:worship:
    [​IMG]