New Tropi-Care Tire Dressing

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Dust2Glory, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Ok guys, it's here!! This stuff is more versatile than the previous version which we'll call 102+ and this is called 103+. This stuff is also very good as a trim dressing.

It's thicker than 102 and probably dilutable, although I've never done it. This stuff covers so well and adds a deep rich glow to the tires. And in time will matte. Anyway, here's a before/after pic on a vette.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll have 4 16oz bottles to send out as samples to the first 4 responses, all you have to pay for is shipping.

Oh yeah, when it officially comes out, there will be special pricing for DB members that I got for you guys. More details to come.

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

schweet!

3. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

previous version was perfect...this one offers too much gloss...

4. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

My thoughts exactly. I recently bought a gallon of the original version and absolutely love it.

5. akimel

akimel Birth of a Detailer

Egads, I recently purchased a bottle of the Tropi-Care tire dressing precisely because everyone said that it gave a satin, low-gloss but deep black look. And now they have gone and changed the formula? If I wanted a high gloss look, I'd stick with Meguiar's. I hope they will offer both products rather than replacing the low-gloss dressing for the high-gloss dressing.

6. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Hey brotha!! Send me one!!!!!!!! I think you've got my address!!

7. slanguage

but here is the kicker. i like an almost completely flat look when it comes to tire dressings. the best bet is to put one coat, and spread it evenly. wait 20-30 minutes. add another coat. wait again. buff with a MF towel. i wouldnt be so hasty to jump the gun on this one.

8. slanguage

me too ;)

9. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I'll have to compare it to version 1.0. Ok, send me one also.

10. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Is it any different in looks or durability compared to the old one other than it is not thicker.

I would be up for a sample if any left.

11. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

The dressing looks like it's really greasy and will sling just from that picture. Did you by any chance apply it to thick?

12. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Like i said this is dillutable, or however you spell it. I just use it straight up for now

I'm pretty sure he'll have both formulas, atleast I can tell him to carry both. So don't be disappointed.

So cooter, detaildoc and slanguage.... have one more bottle to give

13. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I am down for one, let me know how much shipping will be.

14. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I've only gotten sling from applying two coats to my tires... one is more than enough

15. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

ok agpatel is the final taker

16. akimel

akimel Birth of a Detailer

Great! I certainly do not object to new products and the increase of choices. :thumb:

17. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

But this stuff you will be able to dilute, so in reality you can make whatever look you want to

18. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

me too, I got a gallon of it and absolutely love it. I love it so much, I'm not putting it up for trade, unless I'll be offered the good stuff, like Gloss It...

wonder if it affects its durabilityh when you dillute it...Original formula lasted me 2-3+ weeks on my daily driver, and that's exactly what I want.

19. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Once I get the sample from Dust, I will apply the org verson to a wheel, apply it 100% to another, and dilute one and see how they last. It may look funky looking for a bit but oh well, haha.

20. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I love the durability. It is the only tire dressing out there that can last up to 3 weeks (with two coats).:thumb: