New SV Pots

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by agpatel, Sep 29, 2010.

1. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Saw this on Paul's FB and thought I would share the new SV pots that where talked about a few months back. By the looks of it, seems like they have been improved. Still 200 mL volume.

[​IMG]

2. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

SV here in HU just gave me a pot of Crystal Rock to play with and it was in the new pot... a definite improvement from the original (well latest) and it's certainly more robust. Finally :). Though the top of the lid did separate from the threaded seal... I guess the glue gave or something. I didn't dare test it, but I wonder if it would split if I dropped it... Probably bounce I'd say, but I'm not willing to volunteer a tub of CR to find out :). Anyway, congrats SV, nice tubs!

3. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

for the most part we are shipping the new pots out now.

concorso, onyx, zuffenhausen all in with the new pots.

4. Minicoop831

Minicoop831 Birth of a Detailer

Stop with these threads you guys are bad

I want concorso even more now great thanks alot

5. detailersdomain

you know we are running a special right.... and if you were to pick it up it would be less 15% and free shipping

6. Minicoop831

Ya I know I gathered up a $350 order after the discount! I hate detailing it's a wallet killer, better than drugs though right?

7. bjungx007

bjungx007 Birth of a Detailer

Depends on what kind... haha j/k but no, seriously what kind??!

Im dead broke because of detailing. Its a bad habit if you arent able to save your money :(

<--- no self control or maybe its that detailing > real world

8. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

so, did they fix the issue with the lids being a pita? i know some of us had issues with the lids not going back on right in the past.

9. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

From what I got from SV yes they are suppose to be much easier to open and close.

10. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

got a new one and it is definitely better.

11. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Can you post some more pics of the pot and lids and opening if you dont mind.

12. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Are these new pots still made of plastic?

13. blackjz

blackjz Jedi Nuba

it's made from glass i believe..i have to look mine then I will post pict

14. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have a pot of Mirage and an (empty) replacement pot coming my way. Will take some nice pictures when I receive them.

Basically, the old pots suffered high failure ratios in parts of the world with high temperatures. We have pots of Swissvax at our house in Europe, and they are 100% perfect. However, living in Texas, my pots unfortunately cracked over time. This was a direct result of an incompatibility of the inner pot's materials with some of the fruit oils found in Swissvax waxes. Also, the inner versus the outer shell of the pots have different thermal properties, causing the cracking.

Because of this, Swissvax released new pots which are made out of acrylic glass.

15. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

man id love to have crystal rock in a nice new tub!!!! but have my little ones to raise.

16. Max405

Max405 DB Forum Supporter

Phil, Is this still on?

I might have to take trip. I think I am the one who bitched about it the most. I am glad to see that the problem is solved.

Joe D.

17. detailersdomain

We have something better coming up but can't guarantee it will be in the new pot.

I do have Concorso/Onyx in the new pots.

18. impakt

impakt DB Forum Supporter

Phil or anyone else may chime in,

Is it possible to get an empty new pot? Having alot of issues with my concorso old pot.

19. detailersdomain

I have already asked, as of right now they are not willing to do so.

20. Minicoop831

Something better what can this be

Phil did you get your own wax made by swissvax just for detailers domain?