New Site

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Legacy99, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Maybe I don't know how to navigate this new site, but I don't like it.

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I believe you will get use to it shortly took me a few days to figure it out and trust me its a lot smoother give it a fair shot ; )

Keep me posted I will try to address the issues.

3. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

How many warning points do you need to bet banned? LOL

4. 01GreyStangGT

01GreyStangGT Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Where do you click to get the new posts?

5. thecarguy

thecarguy Virgin Detailer

On my ipad it's says New Content in the top right corner of the screen.

Paul S likes this.
  6. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

So far so good. I do miss the darker layout though.

7. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

How do you see all your followed threads?

8. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

It says that on the desktop version too, but nothing every shows up when I click it, even though there are definitely new posts.

9. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

You need to make sure you have the right settings on the left of the screen after choosing to view new content.

[​IMG]

I have not looked into it further but there may be settings in your profile for it to always default to forum view and latest since last visit.

10. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

This looks like Adam's new setup. Adam's created a darker theme as an option. I like the current white theme.

Two comments:
    1. No place to report posts. I was sure it was present for a short period
    2. Why is the "mark community read" at the very bottom with change theme, contact is, etc? It just seems an odd place to locate it. It would be nice if at the very top near the "new content" banner that stays fixed.

11. Adam's Polishes

Adam's Polishes DB Certified Manufacturer

Lookin' sharp... clearly will need a few tweaks to make everyone happy, but I like it.

As I said when we went thru our conversion - "We try to make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time, but that isn't always possible"

I think as people play with the new site they'll get adjusted and start to learn that its very easy to navigate. Change is scary, but it isn't always a bad thing.

joffems and mrgolfrider like this.
  12. richy

richy Guest

This is my first time here since the change, and so far, so good for finding stuff.

13. MGEVOX

MGEVOX New Member

I like it a lot besides the little mishap I had when I reported a thread. And I think I would prefer a little more darkness as previously stated.

14. joffems

joffems Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Never a truer word spoken. Whenever I perform system upgrades for clients I know that there will be at least one person that isn't happy, because, "it isn't like the old way." That said some features aren't always as efficient, but normally there are larger overall gains.

This site is definitely improved overall.

15. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

thanks guys email me or post on your comments keep them coming so far so good and everyone is happy but let me know if there is a tweak we can make for you all.

16. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

When I click "View New Content" sorry, no new content found comes up. If I click View New Content again, new posts will come up. Did this twice and the same thing happens.

17. richy

richy Guest

I've had the same thing happen, but didn't try it a 2nd time. I just gave up and logged off.

18. Denzil

Denzil DB Forum Supporter

Dang, didn't realize that DB went to IPB. Apparently, I have less than 100 posts now instead of being a top 10 poster. :(

19. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

I'm still getting used to the new site. It would b nice to have the option of a darker theme . As the white is a bit to bright. The issue I just found i'm having is that I'm unable to like any posts. I keep getting an error message that I have reached my quota for the day.

20. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Me too, same problem. Also not getting emails to threads that I subscribed to when there is a response.