New Rotary

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by D&D Auto Detailing, Jun 16, 2008.

1. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Not big on posting pictures of my purchases, but I was pretty damn excited about this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Dynabrade is advertised at 4.9lbs. However, it feels a little heavier then my old Metabo which is supposed to be 5lbs. The weight on the receipt says 8lbs, UPS label says 9lbs, and my scale says 7lbs. Id say 7lbs is right, definitely not 4.9 or 5. Either way, this thing is VERY solid. The head is all metal which is really nice. I love the threads on the handle too. I was always worried I was going to strip the Metabo handle because of the small threads. The speed dial is easy to read and adjust. I also like how it says the actual rpms instead of 1, 2, 3, etc. I really like the trigger a lot better then the switch on the Metabo. I also like how you can put the handle on the top as well as both sides. Im sure Ill use that sometimes.

Now I haven't used it yet. But comparing it to the Metabo in terms of how it feels in my hands and build quality, this thing is a TANK. The Metabo is like a tiny fragile baby compared to this thing. Cant wait to put it to use!

2. er1k

er1k Obsessive Detailer

Sweet! Congrats.

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

4. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I've heard good things about the Dynabrade. Is 1000 rpms the lowest setting? What's the range of rpms?

5. D&D Auto Detailing

The dial is 1000- 3000. But if you dont pull the trigger all the way then it wont go up to 1000. So I think thats why its rated at 0- 3000.

6. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Cool thanks. I know you said you haven't used it yet but do you think it would be easy to feather the trigger to run under 1000 rpms?

7. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Impressive! Thanks for sharing the pics with us D&D.

8. D&D Auto Detailing

Yep, definitely.

9. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Thanks for sharing D&D!

10. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Dan, you should have bought this in the first place, its just like my Black&Deckers but a little lighter, congrats on the purchase.

JL, its just like my B&D so you you can feather the trigger very easily.

11. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Looks good, I know AR will be all over this!

Whats the prce?

12. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

You know it, plus I am still looking at the Fein/Fehn(spelling), I dont know why because my buffers are still in tip top shape.

13. oneshare325

oneshare325 Two Bucket System Washer

So that is why you sold me your metabo...haha

Cool new toy!!

14. D&D Auto Detailing

Im not sure its that much lighter man. You'll see.

Yep, hes the one that told me about it. Thanks Dana!

Haha, maybe. I was actually thinking about keeping the Metabo as a back up, but couldn't afford to do that. Have you used the Metabo yet? How do you like it compared to the Makita?

15. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Even better, I am a firm believer in a slightly heavier buffer helps in the buffing process.

16. D&D Auto Detailing

We'll see. I think the weight might help reduce hop also.

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice, looks like a great tool. Quick question, does it have a triger lock, so you don't have to keep holding the triger down? I assume it does but I didnt see it on the pictures?

Look foward on hearing how well it peformes :thumb:

18. D&D Auto Detailing

Yep, it certainly does. I forgot to mention that.

19. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice, I assume it did just thougth I'd ask that's all :thumb:

20. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Its in the pictures, it is the little button above the trigger on the left side of the buffer. Look like it is time for some glasses-lol.