NEW PRODUCT: Grit Guard Pad Washer

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by OrngeZ, Feb 9, 2008.

1. OrngeZ

OrngeZ Birth of a Detailer

Well finally the tease is over...have some pics to share of my pad washer that I have been using...got my grubby hands on a prototype....works with both DA and rotary:applause2: ...it cleans the pads by filling it up with water to just 1/2 inch above the level of the grit guard and you spin your pads over the mini grit guard "nubs" to agitate the pad to get it clean...i usually fill the bucket with clean water and saturate the pads in cleaner....then run it in the clean water to rinse and clean the pad at the same time

PICS!!!

looks like a normal bucket

[​IMG]

top view

[​IMG]

opens up a lot like the system 2000 pad washer to cradle in the pad

[​IMG]

close up of the "nubs" you run the pad over

[​IMG]

not sure if this was ever intended to make it into production..but it was shown over in Las Vegas SEMA show...and the final product may differ for all I know...just so you know in the last pic you can see how the grit guard is laying on top of circular "pillars"...these are spring loaded so you can push down on them and it lowers about an inch..this is so you can kind of soak the pad in water/cleaner...and then lift it back up and run it across the nubs...the nubs are also removeable so you can adjust the spacing depending on what you are cleaning

2. littlemissGTO

littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

I'd love to have one of these. Would make cleaning the pads on my DA a breeze.

3. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Do u think this one is better or the System 2000?

4. OrngeZ

OrngeZ Birth of a Detailer

i think it is about the same...they both have trade-offs in features...

5. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I was told by grit guard they intend on putting it into production.

I just don't know when.

6. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

What are the trade offs... Main one would be that this can be used with DA correct?

I assuming neither one can be used with the Flex orbital??

If not I would expect a "new" version to come out soon that can be used with flex orbital?

7. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Any idea of approx MSRP?