New Product - Eistau De-Icer Spray

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Michael @ einszett, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Michael @ einszett

Michael @ einszett DB Certified Manufacturer

Eistau De-Icer Spray

Quickly de-ices frosted windshield and wipers and makes thick ice easier to scrape off. Special additives leave a shield of protection that prevents re-icing. Provides clear visibility and prevents filming which causes dangerous glare. Will not harm enameled paints, chrome, rubber or glass. Free of toxic methanol found in more common brands. Silicone-free. Suitable for plastic headlight lenses. Ammonia-free.

16.9 fl oz / 500 ml
    Price: $9.00

ETA: 1/29

[​IMG]

2. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Bump.

Is this chemically different than the Anti-Frost Concentrate?

Obviously, Eistau is used to be sprayed from the outside via the bottle (as opposed to being used in the wash fluid res).

I can also assume that this can safely stay in a car in freezing temps without freezing solid.

3. Michael @ einszett

Michael @ einszett DB Certified Manufacturer

While the differences are very little between them, their differences are what set them apart.

Anti-Frost has less alcohol in it and also contains detergents. Eistau has more alcohol in it and less water and no detergents.

If you used Anti-Frost at full concentration, you wouldn't get the same alcohol content as Eistau which means it wouldn't melt the ice as effectively. Also, if you used it without diluting it, it would leave a film of detergent on the windshield which could cause glare and streaking.

If you left Eistau in freezing temps, it wouldn't freeze because of the alcohol.

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Awesome, look forward to trying it out!

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

you are gonna love it, David! I ordered 2 bottles just to try out, and now I ordered another 6!

6. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Wow. Sounds like just the product for me.

We have too many cars - too few garage spaces at my house, so I have to park outside summer and winter.

The last few weeks, if there is enough change in temp over night, my windshield forms ice crystals. It's annoying to use an ice scrapper for such small amount of ice and I like a very clean windshield.

Eistau sounds like a great product to have in the trunk.

Thanks for the info!