New Optimum Tire Shine

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Cooter, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Cooter

Cooter DB Forum Supporter

Back a few weeks ago Chris was generous enough to give myself and another lucky person some of the new Optimum Tire Shine. I was able to put it to use two weeks ago. I tried it on my car and a couple of spare tires I have. The new version has a great look. It has a nice dark, super black look to it. The look is a lot better than the older version.

The spare had been sitting in my shed for quite some time. Covered in dust. The tire was wiped down with a wet all purpose towel and some old NTS7 Interior cleaner. I thought what the heck. It was in a little 2oz spray bottle and I happened to have it with me. Optimum tire shine was applied with a blue mf applicator pad.
    First coat was allowed to dry, then 2nd coat applied. Same method. This stuff goes a really long way.
    Dirty tire pic
    IMG_5059.JPG
    Close up of the tire
    IMG_5058.JPG
    Cleaned tire-wet all purpose towel and NTS7 interior cleaner.
    IMG_5077.JPG
    Two coats of Optimum Tire shine.
    IMG_5068.JPG
    Shot of the new Optimum Tire Shine on the car.
    IMG_5124.JPG
    Two coats. Driver's side.
    IMG_5121.JPG

The new version is great. Almost has a solvent look to it, but contains no solvents. I really like the new version. The older version looked a lot similar to other tire products on the market (water based), but this one is different. I didn't notice any slinging on the sides of the car.

I would really like to thank Chris for the product and also for his contributions to DB. Optimum makes some great products. If you haven't tried them already, you should give them a shot.

2. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Thanks for sharing as it really looks great. Love the look of the wheels on the Stang

3. Cooter

Thanks!!! Its a great product. I like it alot better than the older version.

4. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

Looks nice. Im not a fan of the "wet wet" look, and this actually looks like a very nice sheen coating. I use SV Pneu now, and love it, but never mind trying other items. Have you even used Pneu? Im asking for comparision purposes.

5. Cooter

Never used it but have used Tropicare white pearl. I know a lot of guys that say White pearl and Pneu are really close to looks.
    With that being the case,the Optimum has a darker look to it. Deep and glossy but not to bad shiny.
    The sun was really bearing down in that last pic of the spare by itsself. You can really tell over on the left side of the tire.

6. Chris@Optimum

Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

Thanks for your review, Heath! I'm glad you liked it and it looks great on the pony.

7. Cooter

Thanks Chris! The updated version is really nice. The look is really good. Way better than the previous version.

8. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

Looks great. So two coats will give you more of a glossy look then?

9. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

How this different than the original version ?

Sheen
    Durability

Both?

Thanks

Sent using Tapatalk

10. Cooter

Better sheen, better gloss. Deep, dark look.

11. mato

mato Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Let us know about the durability

12. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

I wonder how Optibond compares to the new Tire Shine, I love Optibond but would love to try something new so I might have to give this a go. Thanks for the review!

13. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

This is what I was wondering also....
    Where/when can you buy the new formula? I might buy a small sample just to try it out in the future.

14. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

I would also like to see the two side by side to see how different they look shine wise.