New Nissan NV Van Build * For Going Mobile *

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Lucci Elite Detail, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Lucci Elite Detail

Lucci Elite Detail DB Forum Supporter

We all know going on the road is a major pain in the ass when doing corrections! Between sitting in Southern California traffic and not being able to be in any of the fast lane/carpool lanes due to having a trailer I decided to make a change! A while back Bob Willis and I were talking and he pointed out this particular van to me and told me to take a look at it when I got a chance! I started playing with the configurations online and I was impressed with the idea of getting one to build it out! Two months went by and I had a last minute cancellation so I decided to go and check out the van in person and give it a test drive. After driving the V6 & the V8 it was clear to me that I had to have the V8 with hauling my gear as the V6 would not get it done! After the numbers and negotiations were done I signed for the van and took it home. After two long weekends spent with my dad as he is the mechanically inclined one in the family :crasy: the van is finally complete minus the logos on the outside and a few other tiny little things that can be added down the road when my schedule slows down. Enjoy the pics from the build!

Outside Appearance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice Storage For Tools Underneath Both Seats

[​IMG]

From The Captains Chair

[​IMG]

Tons Of Storage Above

[​IMG]

Inside The Van

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank You For Viewing!

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

can you stand up without having to crouch at all? Looks awesome.....
    probably the best set up Ive see in a long time.

3. Lucci Elite Detail

Thank you! And yes I can stand without a problem!

4. Grizzman

Grizzman Any Rag Vehicle Washer

That van setup looks amazing, and very comfortable.

Did you by any chance look at the Ford Transit?

I myself was looking to pick one up just to do wash/waxes out of. Working out of a pickup is a bit of a pain.

5. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Jimmy thats a great setup you got there! What are the plush green and grey with red banded microfibers you have on your rack, they looks killer, been wanting to get some more microfibers.

6. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

Nice setup Jimmy! Clean and Neat! Looks like plenty of room for expansion.

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That's awesome, especially with the Gladiator Garageworks stuff in the back.

8. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

Nice van! I like how much space is available to advertise on the exterior and good amount of cargo.

9. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

That's one heck of a setup. Congrats!

10. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Good god that is one fugly van! LOL The interior looks really good. Your knees will appreciate the high ceiling. What are the green towels on the far right? Also, there won't be enough pressure out of that tank to gravity feed your pressure washer so you'll need a small pump if you don't have one. Can't wait to see the van wrapped.

11. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

great set up.

12. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Looks like a pretty solid set up Jimmy, great work.

13. Gale Force

Gale Force Obsessive Detailer

Nice set-up. That's optioned out like I would want it, although I would need to install some racking. I'm leaning towards one of these over the $printer. Thanks for sharing the photos with us.

14. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

It's definitely not a god looking van, reminds me of the Pope mobile. Favorite van for me is still the Sprinter...

[​IMG]

15. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

That's a nice and clean setup ... can't wait to see the body wrap. Are these vans built on the Titan chassis? They are weird looking, but their layout seems really nice.

16. Marc08EX

Marc08EX Jedi Nuba

Wow nice van, Jimmy!! Very neat and organized inside.

17. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

I think the Van without the high roof is a little less "Fugly", I want one in silver and I would not need the water tank as any mobile job I do I look at before I go to the job and hook up from their source and if those conditions are not there the vehicle comes to the shop.

I looked at the "transit connect" and I feel it is nice......Tony Ito a good friend and partime detailer has one in silver and it is VERY organized, but this van is a rolling tool chest/billboard with the right signage on it and the larger V8 with the 317HP gets it done......son.

If you do not have a shop, this is one of the best options you can have. Good job Mr Jimothy E-Light..lol.

18. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Jimmy was saying this thing gets fantastic mileage as well. I'm like you Bob, I hook up at clients so my next vehicle won't have a tank. At $6 a gallon for gas up here, I can't afford to be hauling water around. Whats a Connect go for down there? They go for around $30k up here, new.

19. Lucci Elite Detail

Danny Phil carries them here is a link for you http://www.detailersdomain.com/Uber-Microfibers_c_95.html

20. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

very inspirational. Makes me want to go get a van for my business. How much did you end up paying for that van? I've sen a couple on the road here but not very many at all. There has got to be a way to utilize a little more of the space but for the most part you have everything neatly organized. I'm going to have to go down to the nissan dealership and check those out.

What's your plans for the exterior?