New, Need Help Polishing

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Perfekt, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Perfekt

Perfekt Virgin Detailer

I just started doing some detailing for a start up business and i have everything down to a science, but i need a little help with the polishing. It seems to take forever and was wondering if anyone had some tips. It takes me like 4 hours or so just to polish a small SUV. Is this normal or am i moving the polisher too slow. I appreciate any help.

2. Nica

Nica Banned

First of all welcome to Detailing Bliss :hi:

As for polishing, this is my opinion. First of all when your polishing you can't really rush through it, if your after perfection or flawless results you need to take your time. Four hours on a small SUV, I'm assuming like a Rav 4 or an MDX man that's fast. For me 4hrs I'm just maybe getting done the hood, the roof and maybe a door panel...but like I said I take my time and dont rush through detailing.

Are you using a PC (DA) or a rotary?

3. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

As far as time goes, its all about what you are trying to achieve. Like Nica said if its perfection than it will take what it takes as far as time goes. You will notice on here that there is a lot of details running into double digit hours.

4. Perfekt

Perfekt Virgin Detailer

I'm using a PC. It seems like a very tedius job i just wanted to make sure that i wan't the only one that took a long time. I like to sit down and make sure everything is perfect but i wanted to check and get everyone elses opinion.

5. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

With the pc it is going to take some time to get a flawless finish.

6. Usjdmtuner

Usjdmtuner Wax on..Wax off

Oh my.. PC and 4 hours of polishing on a small SUV is blitz fast... Im also a noob and it took me maybe good 8 hours to polish full car including breaks and taking photographs... I didnt make the mistake of rushing things because prepwork is what your finish will be so take your time and enjoy... Im stepping up to rotary soon to be a little efficient, but there is nothing wrong with PC... GOOD LUCK