New Miracle Van - Now with scratches and overspray

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Paul Dalton aka Miracle, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

Paul Dalton aka Miracle DB Pro Supporter

Hi Guys,

Im not happy at all, the vans been away to have the back kitted out and Speedlinered and this is how it comes back!!!

First off, we have read overspray on the windscreen... I clay half the windscreen and this is what I find... There is overspray all over the van, lights windows paintwork and wheels...

[​IMG]

Next off we have a deep scratch in the passenger door.

[​IMG]

Bit closer...

[​IMG]

Next is some scratches under the door handles...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This on the rear bumper..

[​IMG]

This on the lower part of the sliding door..

[​IMG]

Overspray on one of the wheels

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scratch on the front left wheel.. funny that the tracking it out as well.

[​IMG]

And this on the chrome side rails..

[​IMG]

Oh and not forgetting a bit more speedliner on the paintwork by the fog light.

[​IMG]

Not forgetting the 4 dents I have either side on each sliding door, but thats another story as carried out by the same company...

I estimate that its going to take me a good 2-3 days to fix it perfectly back to how is was before I took it too this place.

Not happy... :(

Here's a full view picture of the van for those who may not have seen it yet, before it got wrecked!....

[​IMG]

Kind Regards
    Paul

2. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

not forgetting that they forgot to bolt my Snap on tool case down, which I found out today after hard braking.

3. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Sorry for the bad news

Fix it up and send them you bill....

I bet after you do that this will NEVER happen to another of their victims, err I mean customers again

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

That SUX!!!

Hope you get everything worked out to your satisfaction.

5. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

BTW, I didn't know MB made vans. I guess the don't sell them over on this side of the pond.

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Unbelievable, did you approach them and mention what you had found?

7. sumdetailer

sumdetailer Birth of a Detailer

Yup they sell them here... at least I've seen them in NY and in Vegas...

They aren't very common but every couple weeks I'll see one.

And that sucks Paul! Anyway to make them pay for you fixing it?

8. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

We get the Sprinter vans here in N. America. I believe Pauls is a Vito.

9. Paint Protection Orlando

Paint Protection Orlando Detailers Advertising Scheme

Wow Paul, Sorry to see things like this happen. Of all people it had to happen to you...what the hell were they thinking???

I hope the shop makes good by paying for their lack of respect for your property.

If you need any help getting restitution, let me know I fly cheap.

10. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

i hope you didnt pay upfront for their work

11. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

So far I have send them a report of my findings with pictures via email, no reply, I have called and left a message, and still haven't heard anything.

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Wow what did they do to the poor thing?? That's just wrong :shakehead: :shakehead: but really what did they do to the vehicle? Did you actually for there service? Doesn't sound like you got what you asked for :confused:

13. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

i even gave them a list of DO'S and DON'TS on paper.

1) Don't wash the van AT ALL
    2) Don't touch the paintwork AT ALL
    3) If you get ANYTHING on the paintwork, call me!
    4) DON'T get overspray over the van AT ALL.

etc etc etc, they assured me that there would be NO overspray on my van after there work, I even told them to look at my website and explained what I do for a living.

Luckily, I haven't paid them a penny yet, at the moment it looks like I need 5 panels resprayed and 1 wheel replaced, with my time on top, the bill isn't looking good.

All this with only 1800 miles on the clock!

14. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

doh! comment not applicable as Paul posted before I could finish mine. hope everything works out for you!

15. Paul Dalton aka Miracle

They re done the plylining in the back of the van, then filled all the corners and caps, then it had speedliner applied, then they made a frame to bolt all my equipment too.

Its only half finished so far, but at least I can work out of it now, but with 4 dents on each side, nice!

16. Nica

Nica Banned

Dents on a brand new vehicle, that's just wrong :shakehead: :shakehead:

17. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

paintless dent removal works well and is cheap

18. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Sorry to hear your unfortunate experience Paul. Hopefully they'll keep their end of the bargain and reimburse you for the harm they have caused on your vehicle. I hope everything works out as smooth as possible.

19. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

sorry to see this.. when i brought my truck in to the body shop last year i told them the same thing dont wash it dont get over spray on it . and well i was claying the truck for a whole day :crash:

20. green dimnd

green dimnd Birth of a Detailer

Isn't it maddening when those who take pride in their work (to the ultimate degree in your case) have to deal with people who obviously just couldn't care less. One of the great attractions of detailing, whether pro or amateur, is the craftmanship that goes into it. But then to see this done to your van must have just made you sick. What a shame.